Is this attractive at rent $2000 level?

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Santa-Clara/988-Kiely-Blvd-95051/unit-E/home/105499134

Photos made it look like a studio :confused:

1 Like

You trying for investment prop? The $471 HOA kills you even if you can get the $2k which I feel would be a bit of a stretch. Maybe if this was in PA/MV area.

Why bother. Buy a condo in Vallejo for under $200k. Cash flow positive from day 1.

Do not think Santa Clara is turning into MV/PV soon in 5 years?

As much as I would love for that to happen, I find that highly unlikely.

Not really, I have been telling Santa Clara is changing a lot. If you see the changes, it started from PA =>MV=>SVL=>SC => near by SJC.

Drive by Tasman, North first street & Montague Expwy, you will see the changes.

PA is unique:

1. Best downtown of the suburbs
  2. Stanford
  3. Top rated schools

MV, SV, SC, etc all lack in comparison. I don’t see them ever getting on the same level. The bigger question is how the 3 will rank vs. each other. MV used to have a big lead on SV and SC. SV has really closed the gap. SC is poised to close the gap next. Will they always be in same order though? I could see SC becoming the top one with all the redevelopment around the stadium.

3 Likes

You two need to flesh out your reasoning :slight_smile: unless you guys are statesmen :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Hmmmm, I am not going to write a thesis on it or get a PH.D for it. Any way, it is left to the viewers to decide whether they like Vallejo or Antioch or Santa Clara.

My vote is for Santa Clara, if I have money, I will go for it.

1 Like

PA is in another league. Better to compare MV, SV, and SC. MV pluses are that it has a legit downtown and closer proximity to the FANG companies. Sunnyvale on the south side has on average nicer houses than the comparable areas in Santa Clara, however the north end of Sunnyvale feels worse than the north end of Santa Clara including the 95054 zips. Santa Clara lacks a true downtown, but with redevelopments around the stadium and proximity to Santana Row it might not matter. Santa Clara will continue to move up, but it’s unlikely to reach MV levels, it has a decent chance of matching SV though.

1 Like

Citation needed. Castro street has better variety of things than university ave.

You mean more Asian restaurants? What retail shopping is there?

It has the biggest downtown doesn’t it? Not saying that automatically makes it better. Mountain View almost lost their downtown a while back too but was saved by the council if I recall.

MV downtown is a great draw, so I think that will stay ahead, but there’s a high chance SC could overtake SV if the schools can get better. I also think it’ll be more centrally located if other companies follow Google into DTSJ area.

Ok let me rephrase. Castro > University ave, but palo alto has other downtown areas.

Castro also has better food :slight_smile:

SC also has this movement to reclaim their downtown, so between this initiative and the stadium proposed project, if these take shape you could see SC changing a lot in the next 5-10 years.

http://reclaimingourdowntown.org/

1 Like

Drive by Tasman, North first street & Montague Expwy, you will see lot of changes happened and is happening daily no matter how much resistance are there. San Jose city approved, long before, 42000 housing.

IMO, Santa Clara is already following Sunnyvale, and even moved towards(until) Diridon Google complex.

Very valid point, sqft is small. Ahhhh, that is why this condo is redfin hot home than 988 Kiely blvd.

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Santa-Clara/980-Kiely-Blvd-95051/unit-128/home/1464636

First question is does this HOA even allow you to rent it out without being stuck on the waitlist for who knows how many years…

Where would you buy if everything was like for like in terms of house, lot size, and cost. I think a lot of people here would opt for Palo Alto.

1 Like