Is Trump about to change your 401(k)'s biggest tax break?

It always starts with targeting high income people who are the only ones using the full limit. The middle class and poor cheer sticking it to the rich guy. The last joke is always on the middle class as these things always expand to include them. When the original income tax passed, only 7% made enough to pay income taxes.

1 Like

IMO, I do not think so.

In fact, Rep. wants to entirely eliminate pre-tax and favor post-tax (Roth), but trying to deal with Dem. saying $2400 pre-tax (if it is true).

By doing this, they generate current tax revenue that can be used to compensate corporate tax reduction. Leaving Roth as choice, 401k belongs to peoplesā€™ money and peoplesā€™ account that should not be taxed when they take it after retirement.

We will still have 401k (even extended to $18500 next year) but most of it goes to Roth 401k which is really best.

Until everything released next week, we are speculating (including my statements) based on media news.

The current idea is reform the entire process, pre-tax and post tax system.

1 Like

The liar in chief just tweeted that he is not going to touch 401K as if it was in jeopardy. The poor guy doesnā€™t know how to spell it out.

Their idea, as they are giving tax to rich people is that they need the money now! They are digging a hole to cover another one.

By the way, not you Jil, you are superb. I always said it, to be an American requires for you to read, learn and investigate, not throwing dumb questions anywhere.

I just read somewhere, the dummy in the white house is saying ā€œI am willing to negotiate changes to 401Kā€.

There goes your leader flopping every day. When will it be time to set straight up this liarā€™s record?