John Cox could beat Newsom to become governor

Just a nit. This is still legal. It’s called Family care vs Day care. I send my kid there. We love it. A couple together with some helpers run it from their home. It’s regulated (with inspections every 6 months) which is good. Small in scale (they are limited to 14 kids, mine currently has 8-9).

The big problem in childcare when it comes to California is the mandate that if you are looking after kids under 2, you are limited to 4 kids for every adult. This is probably the right thing to do (it’s hard enough for 1 adult to look after 1 kid under 2 let alone 4 or more), but it dramatically raised costs for childcare for families with young children as now the cost of the care has to be amortized over 4 kids vs a larger number. BTW i believe the 4 number is good, but I am also torn by the cost of doing so…

5 Likes

One of you quit the job.

Probably gonna be me. So I can be just like you :slight_smile:

That’s my situation, don’t behave like Colin Chen of NY, probably won’t happen since there is no need to keep up with Jones in SV. :astonished: your wife earns more than you?

Not right now. but if I quit, she will earn more then me :smiley:

Then should be your wife since she can run a family care :joy:

My wife loves to work and wants to do big and great things. I am a cranky old fart that wants to FIRE

3 Likes

So single income families or families with no kids should subsidize daycare for dual income families so that they can outbid them in the bidding war for their next house??? No thanks.

1 Like

His accomplishment is getting SFO streets to the situation they are today… soon coming to all California streets near you.

1 Like

If everyone here is going to vote for John Cox, why are you guys arguing so much about Newsom?

Before Newsom campaigns on No Prop 10, no need to talk about him

How do you know that? If you notice the conversation is not positive

A few people here mentioned their choice for governor, all of them will vote for John Cox.

Reasons given include:

1. Restore the state political balance
  2. John Cox has less annoying hairstyle

I’m sure there are people who visit but do not post.

I may get used to newsom’s hair and vote for him. Or I may find something to hate about cox. Call me swing voter.

@manch wants equality between his hometown streets and South Bay streets :laughing: I.e. South Bay catching down to SFO

Would be great if South Bay has the same city vibe as SF. Young techies from google and Facebook won’t have to commute back and forth between SF and South Bay.

1 Like

City vibe has nothing to do with street cleanliness. Both can happen at the same time. Newsom wasn’t responsible for the city vibe

How’s he responsible for homeless problem? The root cause is severe shortage of housing. That’s the same up and down Bay Area. I was in San Jose yesterday and surprised to see a SF style homeless tent there.

We need to repeal Prop 13.

Housing shortage was caused by heavy regulations and heavy tax. Housing shortage has to be solved by new construction. Government intervention can only makes housing shortage even worse.

Deregulation will help.

Repeal property tax will also encourage investment in housing. Prop 13 also makes housing more affordable and make housing investment more appealing, that stimulates new home building.

San Jose has gotten a lot better around San Pedro square. That’s become the center, and it’ll move outward from there. Now that SJ has given up on the A’s the whole area around Diridon will be developed. I think in 10 years downtown SJ won’t be recognizable compared to what it is today.