John Cox could beat Newsom to become governor

Even the former San Francisco mayor Willie Brown is writing that John Cox could surprise people and become California governor.

In your opinion, what’s his chance?

I hate newsom. I will vote for cox.

Slim and none…

:joy:You will vote for Cox because of Newsom’s hair?

Yup. His hair annoys me.

Due to Newsom’s hair and Willie Brown’s article on Chronicle, I give Cox a 50% chance now :joy:

I think Newsom lacks matureness and sophistication for the governor job. Also as a former SF mayor, he might be too left for the state. The problem is that Dem candidates are overly used to compete within a one party system in some California cities, they would be unsuitable for the state.

Cox is a moderate Republican and he might be more in tune with average Californians. He’s short on money to campaign, but I suspect that money issue can be solved easily if he can prove his viability, or if Trump sent more tweets

SoCal determines who is Governor. Being an ex Mayor of SF is a major drawback. Gavin is going to have to kiss a lot of butt down south. Go Cox

That’s what people said about Trump.

Newsom and Trump were both businessmen. But Newsom has already been a politician for more than 10 years.

Also Trump is a centrist but Newsom is at the pretty far left.

Cox never held any office, he’s a businessman. People can be more forgiving to him. And Cox’s promises can be more convincing

The number of registered D’s, and “No Party Affiliation” (D, jr’s) far outnumber the R’s. It’s a statistical near impossibility for an R to win, unless the compelling argument can be made to jump across party lines. If Cox keeps hammering on “how do you expect to pay for this…?” argument, he has a reasonable chance to win if people actually listen this go round. Add up everything Politician Ken Doll is proposing, and it boggles the mind how any of it will be paid for. Cox should also begin championing the shut down of the California Bullet Train construction, a winning issue to run on.

If elections were being held in 2019, not 2018, you’d see a much bigger chance for the R to win. I’m firmly convinced that once people begin to fill out their 2018 1040’s and see what’s no longer deductible, every state with high taxes is going to see some kind of revolt.

Thanks for reading

How did Arnold get elected?

One word: governator.

The Recall Election was a different environment than where we are today. Republican Governors (Wilson, Dukmejian) were not that far back in peoples memory. Besides, Ahhnold was a RINO, not contrasting candidates as Newsom and Cox are.

Thanks for reading,

I think Jerry Brown did a decent job and was glad to have voted for him. But I plan to vote for Cox despite having sheer distaste for stuff Republicans are doing at the federal level.

Each Cox supporter on this forum should influence a min 3 or more people to vote for Cox.

Are you going to vote for Cox instead?

I think Cox might surprise people. He was labeled as a secret Democrat by one Dem candidate, I think there’s some truth to it. So Cox might get some Dem votes.

Cox is a moderate Republican and also a moderate Democrat. He may get the votes of independent and some democrats.