Just Having Fun about this Condo,Ultra Low Priced, How Down Town Condo looks!

This is ultra Low priced for Cash offer, Good Yield/Cap…Any Takers?

Reviews : Wise Spread theft…Property Loss.

1. yet again the thieves strike at the brickyard condo’s. Because the drive through gates are left open all day and not monitored, the thieves can come and go at will. My car was broken into and belongings taken. The belongings were not in plain sight and not valuable. That being said, the workers here should be responsible for providing a security guard for the wide open drive through gate or keep it closed as it should be. This is not a one time occurrence, it is over and over and nothing is being done about it. This is not a safe place to live. Renters and buyers beware

2. lived in the brickyard since 8/2014. Had a bike stolen out of the locked bike cage in the underground parking garage. The bike had two locks on it as well both of which were cut. Street parking is a pain if you do drive and there is no elevator to the third floor which makes carrying bikes which we now store inside all the more difficult.

3. I might be otherwise interested if the area was better and burglary wasn’t an issue. At least the front of the building is secure but it leads me to believe that residents are possible stealing from other residents.

4. This review is a few years late… We lived in a one bedroom condo that we rented from August 2011-July 2012.
    If I could, I’d give this place 0 stars. The property looks very nice, and we were pretty easily sold on it after visiting. However, in just the year that we lived here, we we appalled with what went down here. These are privately owned condos, the vast majority of which are rented out to tenents by owners directly or via various property management services. We knew this going into the lease, but didn’t really think anything of it at the time. However, since these are independently owned condos under an HOA, there is no regular management onsite, because they are not needed for the typical reasons such as meeting with prospective tenents/leasing apartments/fulfilling maintenance requests/etc… Now, to be fair, I’ve heard they have at least somewhat increased their security during certain hours/areas since we lived there (although based on the recent reviews, it doesn’t seem to have helped all that much…). Here is just a taste of what we experienced in the 11.5 months that we lived at Brickyard:

In the 11 months we lived there, we had to file THREE completely different insurance claims with our renters insurance policy, all of which were results of criminal activity on the property. And that’s not even including the countless other issues we dealt with on a day to day basis that just happened to not affect us directly enough to fall under our insurance policy… To put that into perspective, we’ve been renting homes in the Bay Area (having renter’s insurance policies) for approximately the last 8-10 years. In that time, we’ve never once had to file any claims other than the 3 claims we had to file living at Brickyard.

First, we were robbed just a couple months after moving in, right out of our (locked) hallway storage closet, which was just directly next to our front door. This happened in broad daylight, and several other storage closets on our floor were also burglarized and/or ransacked for anything of value (We lived on the 2nd floor, just one apartment away from the elevators and stairs, making for a very quick and easy escape). Among just our things that were stolen, included several, fairly new, high-quality (Makita and Dewalt brands), power tool sets, as well as my boyfriend’s very nice road bike (he had purchased it from a yard sale a while back for a few hundred $, which we soon learned was actually a major bargain, as the replacement cost for the same exact bike turned out to be worth several thousand $, which was more than my car at the time was even worth…ugh). It was pretty obvious that the theives either actually lived within the complex themselves, or knew someone in the building who was giving them full access.

Next, we were the unintended victims of the rage of the tenants who lived in the condo directly above us, who we later found out were reacting to being faced with an eviction notice. At the time, all we knew about them was their tendency to have frequent, loud arguments, oftentimes becoming very obviously violent. We actually had gone so far as to anonymously call the police on two different occasions, out of concern for the safety of the victim(s) in their horribly abusive home. Anyway, we had been enjoying a quiet Sunday afternoon at home, when we discovered that a major water leak had sprung in our closet ceiling. Within minutes, half of the closet (plus its contents) was completely soaked. We were frantically calling/emailing/texting anyone we could from the property management company that was leasing us the apartment, as well as our point of contact for the HOA, while scrambling to move the rest of our things out of the closet and trying to prevent further damage. Of course, our property management company was just for our condo, and had no knowledge of the rest of the building nor any of the other tenents, so it took several hours before anyone could actually pinpoint the origin of the leak causing the flood in our closet (and ultimately leaking in our bedroom right over the bed as well). We later found out that the tenents above had been notified the day prior that they were being evicted. Out of spite, they clogged their bathroom drains with towels and turned on their faucets, before leaving the property for the last time. Lovely…

Our third and final claim came just 3 weeks before we were scheduled to move out. My bike (which was only about 1 year old), was stolen. I just used it a couple hours prior, and get this: not only was it locked with TWO locks (both of which were cut off and left), and was inside the the remote-key-entry-only underground garage, it also was stolen from WITHIN the locked bike cage! That means that the theives had to have had a key to the bike cage, which residents could only get via the HOA. So, yet again, they were likely fellow residents.

GOOD RIDDANCE!

Look what I found @Jil:

I think other condos in the same building are selling about 100K more.

1 Like

Same Person selling all three holdings

I remember when Brickyard went through litigation. It is a pretty nice building. It’s in an area that was going through gentrification that abruptly stopped when the great recession hit. There’s some pretty iffy looking auto repair places next to it. The area is more light industrial than residential. Once you get S of 280, the area gets iffy pretty fast. It’s probably a good long-term (20-30 year) play as the area will gentrify.

It’s weird all the photos are of common areas. There’s no photos of the unit.

1 Like

Hmmm…he knows something is coming. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Or, my anti-condo Kool-Aid is finally hitting home (sorry, a condo is not a home…:slight_smile:)

The typical 2 bed 2 bath condo at the brickyard goes for over 500k.

I really doubt that.

https://www.redfin.com/CA/San-Jose/1060-S-3rd-St-95112/unit-150/home/2122600

https://www.redfin.com/CA/San-Jose/1060-S-3rd-St-95112/unit-207/home/2124540
https://www.redfin.com/CA/San-Jose/1060-S-3rd-St-95112/unit-170/home/2124523
https://www.redfin.com/CA/San-Jose/1060-S-3rd-St-95112/unit-229/home/2124548

https://www.redfin.com/CA/San-Jose/1060-S-3rd-St-95112/unit-375/home/2124609

So if he will sell it for that price it is a heck of a deal.

Jil, if you have the cash buy it.

there are no pictures of the inside so that makes me wary.

I have full cash for it, It came to 4.3% cap rate with $2200 rental income, but would not like to buy it as I need some liquid cash on hand.

I do not see any major real growth. FED hiked and likely hiking rates along with unwinding QE money. Stocks were grown crazy. No major corp tax reduction in near future, financial reforms are doomed.

Frankly, I am skeptical on the economy as of now. IMO, Wait and watch is better than investment.

1 Like