Landlord hate

Before i thought i want long term good tenant, but last two years i changed my mind.
I would rather want couple young individual professional to rent together for a year or two or even students. I now don’t like tenants too emotional attached to my house.

3 Likes

The anger at landlords is stupid… How about anger against the city for halting the Saltworks, and delaying hundreds of other projects…

1 Like

that’s not easy. hating the landlord is.

RWC has gone crazy. My buddy sold out last year. 8 units in the worst neighborhood, on Geneva…Got $2.8m. Turned down$1.2m 4 years ago…

2 Likes

Actually, i see a TON of anger against the city council as well, but mostly for the fast and furious development downtown without consideration for green space or quality of living or traffic.

1 Like

This is what we’re seeing too, and recently two of the evicted renters were businesses that people are fond of.

Sometimes the rent though is a bit crazy. Someone wanted $3K? (might’ve been higher) for a studio IIRC.

City can’t win…Locals hate change…But all the change I have seen in RWC is good…the renters are screwed… no political clout… Rent control will not happen in RWC

I don’t agree that the changes are good. The city has pushed a number of apartment buildings without setbacks and no green space. The idea that tech workers want to always walk downtown to go to a park or get out is silly. I think it would be better for the city to make sure that the new developments have better amenities and green space. Someone called the new apartment buildings future tenement housing, and sadly I have to agree…

I get the feeling the city council never bothered to go knock on Box or Google’s door and ask an engineer what they’d need to rent or buy one of these condos.

Parks just become homeless havens…RWC MULTIFAMILY stock is 50-60 years old…New housing is needed…The salt works project has been blocked…RWC is doing more than most cities to add housing…But rents will keep going up as long as no growthers rule…

welcome to america’s version of china revolutionary war, our democratic leader will guide our american victim people to 鬥地主.

1 Like

Beltramos owns the Oasis… Beltramos went out of business… The owner is 80… He did not feel like subsidizing the Oasis while his own business went under.

1 Like

Is it true that they own “half of Menlo Park”? There was a lot of hate aimed at them as well because of the Oasis closing and the perception that the Beltramos were rich and therefore could go ahead and give Oasis lower rent.

Which means EVEN MORE SO that every apartment complex should have its own gated green space.

I am sooooo done with Nextdoor. It stresses me out more than the real estate market.

It makes me feel like RWC/Menlo Park is full of entitled lifers. But when I walk around RWC/MP, it’s a nice place with nice people. Social media can be really anti-social without an in-person component.

1 Like

No City Hates Its Landlords Like Berlin Does

Activists say a five-year rent freeze is merely a good start. Who’s up for expropriating some private property?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2020-02-04/no-city-hates-its-landlords-like-berlin-does?srnd=businessweek-v2

Keep biting the hand that feeds you and then see if you have a place to live…

I guess it’s in Germany’s nature to do this kind of thing… Villify a group of people, take their property, send them to a concentration camp.

I’m embarrassed to have any German blood at all.

This 5 year rent freeze (there’s more to it… e.g. “upgrading” a unit has to be reviewed to avoid gentrification … the idea is keep neighborhoods as they are)

anyway… this entire nonsense will be challenged in the “Verfassungsgericht”, which is the German equivalent of the US Supreme Court… and it will be defeated.

3 Likes