Living in Strip Mall

Bay Area Zillow listing goes viral showing very sad office-to-housing conversion

https://www.sfgate.com/local/article/viral-bay-area-zillow-listing-office-to-housing-18199614.php

A recent viral video on TikTok features a San Rafael office that’s been converted into a one-bedroom condo, priced at $520,000. It doesn’t look like it was much of a conversion — the owners seemingly just added a full kitchen along one wall — since the “bedroom” still looks exactly like a conference room. As TikTok user zillowtastrophes points out, they kept the sad, gray industrial carpet installed in most corporate offices throughout the whole apartment. Meanwhile, the stained commercial ceiling tiles are probably enough for most people to give it a hard “nope.”

The listing for the apartment says it’s in an “amazingly convenient location” in “vibrant downtown San Rafael” and “neighbors include Starbucks, United Market, Bank of America ATM, Redwood Credit Union, FedEx Kinko’s, Rite Aid, UPS Store, T-Mobile, Trader Joe’s, Jasmine Market, CVS, Peet’s Coffee.” Yes, those are your neighbors because you now live in a strip mall.

Hey, some people might want to live next to a 24 hour 7-11!!! LOL

I don’t mind living upstairs from starbucks. Saves some time to get my iced latte fix.

Maybe that’s how I managed to own some RE… I never got hooked on coffee. I have never had a full cup of joe in my life.