Look at All These Tech T-Comps šŸ˜±

Buddy sent me a site where people review other folksā€™ offers. You know you always want to know how much other people makeā€¦ :smile:

https://reffo.us/offers

Example 1:

Example 2:

Now tell me why Bay Area RE is not going to the moonā€¦ :rocket:

1 Like

Why are you so obsessed with other peopleā€™s pay when you are out of the workforce :sweat:

$215K/year for Pinterest RSU? I smell a :rat:

1 Like

I like to fan up some envy and regret in you guys. :smiling_imp:

Hmm I donā€™t have any envy and regret, weird :thinking:

1 Like

How come prices in Cupertino is so high when Apple pays its employees pathetically low, even lower than a newbie working for a news site,

12%20AM

51%20AM

Now you know why Siri sucks so bad.

What kind of retards working for Apple when FB/GOOG/AMZN pay 2-3 times more?

Well, one of my fellow insurance agent quit Apple. He knew the ups and downs of his position. He is an Indian born here, so, to his surprise, they hired this guy from India to be his boss. He didnā€™t know shit even though he was earning double than my fellow friend. He learned then, that in order to survive, he just needed to change the A chair to the M position, wash and recycle next day, no problems.

But, he got a hold of his license, in a month, he had a commission of $350K. Just for one monthā€™s effort.

Oh, he said, and I concur with him, so many positions are irrelevant, like the times when I was a production planner, coffee pots and exotic doughnuts around, plenty of $500 chairs, but that was spent on R&D. When the times come, many will be out of the workforce. With bunches of properties in their hands and nobody to rent them.

https://www.bizjournals.com/sanjose/news/2019/03/05/median-tech-pay-avgo-fb-goog-panw-nflx-intc-csco.html

So even chip makers are catching up. So long as the wage goes up and prop 13 is around, there wonā€™t be housing crash. :sunglasses:

But if you work at Cisco you may have trouble finding a girlfriend.

Looks like I was tad too early in investing in SF. :frowning:

Look at the Case-Shiller chart from 1998 to 2000, the last IPO gold rush:

The insane cost of hiring is increasingly pushing out startups:

Bay Area engineers cost 10x more than Indian ones.

You get what you pay for in India. The good SWEs will move here. The bad ones are 12 hour time zone off and donā€™t have great English. They also donā€™t know how to say ā€œno, we canā€™t do that.ā€ Until you find out they didnā€™t do it.

US no doubt has the best talents, but I am not sure everyone in the Bay is 10x as good as a good engineer in India. What if a typical hire in Bay Area is only 30% more productive but cost you 10x compared to India?

Then sell all your CA rentals and relocate to Bangalore maybe?

1 Like

There are other costs and barriers. Do top management feel familiar or close to those Indian SWEs?

Those India salaries are fake news, and thatā€™s compared to 6 years ago when I was using the data daily. The salaries in India were growing 10% a year at the time. It was a 2.5x cost difference. Thatā€™s 2.5x difference including salary, cost of benefits, payroll taxes, facilities, etc.

4 Likes

The cultural issues in themselves may not be worth the difference.

I used to work for a small company who, before hiring me, had hired a group in India. Sure he was probably paying $15-20/hr or something really low, but
a) They were 12 hours off, so it was a PIA to call them.
b) They would say ā€œyes we can do thatā€ no matter what leaving him to have to tell customers that their software was late the day it was due.
c) The English translations were obviously wrong (mostly Briticized, but had to be corrected).

He later found an individual in Equador to do the same job. Same time zone, paid the same or less, and no cultural barriers to being honest about when work would be done. H said it was the last time he would try anything involving India.

Also, because of the time-zone issues, and other things, he acted as the customer-facing person. When he hired the guy in Equador, that guy simply interacted with the customers under supervision.

Whatā€™s the rough range of RSU for Pinterest? It seems excessive for a 4 year old