Malaysia is the Best Place to Retire

Well, due to said elderly Mom that is why I didn’t go with wifey last month for 3 weeks. Once I free myself some, I certainly do want to go back there and check it out for myself since my wifey honestly does not have the eye for it. I mean, if we were buying our Sunset home now, she would have said no due to the condition that the home was in at the time. Already, whatever I find in San Bruno, I think I will need to do some convincing since it will not be all dolled up.

Absolutely. Never buy in a Third World country. Especially in a country in which you don’t even understand the native language.

Never buy in a country with corruption & weak laws.

America is expensive, but for me, probably the place to retire & die.

1 Like

Besides it you want to find a place with a cheap cost of living there are plenty the USA. Look at yesterday’s Wall Street Journal. Can buy a house near the gulf coast in Mobile Alabama for $112k… $25k less than 12 years ago…

I’m probably going to downsize from a small bay area house to a large san diego or somewhere-coastal (boston? etc) if i need money somehow :slight_smile:

No need to look that far… houses in the East Bay (Pittsburg and Antioch) are still below the peak from 12 years ago.

Corollary: great value to buy in those places.

Small is good. Large: too much overhead and a drain on your resources.

Bay area is too small, that’s the thing. 5000-7500sqft is too small imho. I need more like 10K+, but can’t afford in the bay area unless it’s too far of a commute.

Why you need such a big lot? You need to grow your own veggies?

I can barely take care of my small 5000sqft yard. Weeds are growing out of control. I need to pave the whole thing with concrete… :laughing:

1 Like

Here is your dream house… all concrete back yard. Plus easy freeway access. Just cut a hole in the fence…lol

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1730-Camino-Ramon-Danville-CA-94526/18460079_zpid/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=emo-instantsearchdigest-cta-ctl&utm_content=forsaleaddress&rtoken=b954ca64-e37b-4fb8-ae45-e2c074e3d632~X1-ZUz28bwog7p3ih_5rw5l&sse=X1-SS1w8xxtp55b18r_5p30l

Love that concrete! :heart_eyes::rofl:

The side yard looks like a prison yard… lol
Picture 37

Too close to the freeway!!! :scream:

It is on the freeway…lol . All the concrete you could ever want

Because this is america. Everything is big, including backyards. Good for bbq, and i am sure it’s better to have it big than have it small. You can always put rocks or something more organic.

If you are into Asian food: Chinese Malaysian Vietnamese or even Japanese, Malaysia has much better and cheaper options than anywhere in America. Like the article says you can hire an army of servants to take care of everything. Medical care is very good, definitely not 3rd world. Why so much hate?

I guess the servant part is nice.

I can’t own land there though, i once searched about it - leasehold vs freehold, no?
That said, maybe. Wifey won’t like it though, she’s not the mover type.

Remember, also hot and humid all the time and rainy…

Also got conflicting reviews on the safety there… well, I guess it would be different if you were a new arrival vs someone who grew up there.

I heard Taiwan is a retirement hotspot now too. Personally I am not a fan of Malaysia, but since it’s @sfdragonboy we are talking about it’s probably a better fit for him with the inlaws there and all.