Metaverse aka Omniverse, Mixed Reality, The Matrix

Technical hurdles to making AR glasses for consumers include extending battery life, minimizing heat output and meeting people’s expectations for fashion, comfort and price, said Brian Ballard, CEO of Upskill Inc., a maker of AR software for businesses.

Apple has prepared the company and its customers via Apple bands :slight_smile: and clock faces :slight_smile:

Another challenge for companies making AR glasses is dealing with issues such as user privacy and security. Facebook is soliciting feedback from tech experts, regulators and consumers on this front, Mr. Bosworth said. For example, he said it will be important to consider how people might feel talking to or just walking past someone wearing AR glasses.

Mark is determined to break free of Apple clutches in the next battlefield. I may have to reconsider @manch suggestion to buy FB just for this reason.

Edit:

FB is trading at more than 10% higher :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: my last sold price.

SWOT analysis on U.

Apple AR/VR apps use U!

Essentially need to hold at least 5-10 years for good gains :slight_smile: Not a swing trader’s stock :wink:

Is so obvious? AR/VR is on the cusp?

Current market cap = $28B. 100x = $2.8T. Sure?

1 Like

1 Like

For the first time, my investment in metaverse stocks (TDOC, U and ZM) is green :smiley:

Newly added VUZI and RBLX are red :slightly_smiling_face:

New way to invest in metaverse :slight_smile: through ETFs. I have no idea why it is good to do so. Find it interesting. Essentially video games + fintech + 3D printing + home construction industry.

I have stocks in three except home construction industry. Home construction benefits from metaverse trend?

Sharing for info only.

IMHO, this is the mega trend that is worth investing for 10x 100x potential. Big big or go home. No point for safe investment in FANGMANT.

3 Likes

VUZI is up big today. Didn’t see any news.

So far metaverse stocks are rising with the market. Don’t have that many VUZI, my focus is ZM and U.

1 Like

VR1 VUZI MSFT FB BA U

So many stocks, just…

Long AAPL, cover all mega trends :joy:

1 Like

While @manch is ecstatic over NVDA, my metaverse portfolio is doing better…

NVDA is a metaverse stock. You need GPU to draw pixels and power your AI.

1 Like

SMH.

Did you read my chart?

My metaverse portfolio comprises U ZM NVDA RBLX VUZI

FAMG again :slight_smile: + SNAP

My metaverse portfolio is holding well in a weak market.

Just repeating (or convincing) myself that metaverse portfolio should 10x over 10 years :slight_smile:
i.e. $3M portfolio would turn into a $30M portfolio, yay! finally an UHNWI… in 10 years. Notice is an 8 :slight_smile: stock portfolio.

Lost big on MU and TDOC.

Zuck wants FB to be a metaverse company in 5 years.

Metaverse stocks come alive :grinning:

U ZM RBLX outperform today

Runup to earrings…
Screen Shot 2021-08-09 at 10.45.14 AM

1 Like

Huge day for $U! Up 13%.

The Parsec acquisition is super smart and gives me even greater confidence that management knows what they are doing.

2 Likes

I luckily bought more after hours yesterday when it was still lower.