Metaverse aka Omniverse, Mixed Reality, The Matrix

Seven years later, its big push into augmented reality, which blends virtual imagery with views of the real world, has bumped up against the limits of the technology and the patience of company management.

Rightfully so with the impending release of Apple OneReality.

Over the decades, Microsoft has been ahead of the curve on devices such as portable media players, tablets and smartphones, only to lose those enormous new markets to Apple and others.

:crazy_face:

It isn’t yet clear which hardware, technology and companies—if any—will dominate the metaverse. Mr. Bar-Zeev, the former Microsoft HoloLens employee, said the company’s struggles with early iterations of augmented reality show that would-be pioneers need to stay sharply focused to succeed.

Probably a new company like RBLX. Even CEO MSFT admitted that tacitly…

“We’re taking a software-led approach” to the metaverse, Mr. Nadella said at a company conference in July.

Meta’s definition is more expansive – the web is a subset of the internet – but let it suffice to say that the Metaverse has been with us for decades and experiencing it with VR goggles and 3D graphics isn’t necessarily more compelling than seeing it on a flat display screen.

The fact that this isn’t happening isn’t because of technical obstacles; it’s that companies aren’t trying to make this happen. It’s just not in their interests to do so.

Why is this a surprise? Did they not learn the lessons of 3D TV?

I also read an article the other day that said that Metaverse has no future… but how often have you heard that about Bitcoin and how many people have already made a lot of money with it? There are always critical voices everywhere…

Why am I searching so hard and invest in RBLX U COIN when I already own the key ???

Any ideas which one could be AMZN :moneybag: :moneybag: which one is at least eBay :moneybag:

Palantir CEO slams metaverse as ‘idiosyncratic pursuit’ of the elite

He described Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg’s investment in the metaverse, a virtual-reality world, as an “idiosyncratic pursuit of the technocratic elite.”

1 Like

Metaverse will work. However Zuck’s current model is not desired by anyone.

There’s a limited market for people spending money on virtual stuff when they are struggling with real expenses. I think the market would be similar to video game spend which is FAR below what meta verse fanatics are estimating for it. This is literally beyond meat all over again where people grossly miscalculate the size of the market.

Metaverse is far bigger in potential. Literallly everything can be in metaverse. Take time. Beyond Meat is a niche product.

Who is going to spend money in metaverse when they are struggling with rent, gas, and grocery bills though? I just don’t see the monetization potential as bigger than video games.

Not today for sure. Take time.

Visionaries often die broke or insane. Like Nikolay Tesla and Howard Hughes.

“The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do.” — Steve Jobs

Right, one will change it and how many fail?

1 Like

:hugs:

Not meta verse but AI

1 Like

Maybe it’s not the next big thing.