Millennials....Unbelievable

This happened to my mom’s iPad mini 3. I advised her not to install the updates but sometimes she accidentally clicked on it and the battery life worsened ever since.

Possibly is a combination of deteriorating battery and the OS running some unnecessary processes meant for newer iPhones. Obviously I don’t share your experience as I upgrade quite often. Btw, you can trade in old iOS devices in an Apple retail store (need to buy an iOS device) or get store credits via Bright Star.

My oldest iPad is a 2015 iPad Pro 12.9” :wink:
My oldest iPhone is an iPhone 6+ to be recycled once the iPhone X arrived. The other 3 is SE, 7+ and 8.

1 Like

To be honest, I should probably get a flip phone.

Too tempting to read email while I’m at a stoplight. My husband will think I’m crazy, but it’s for the best.

I just watched some Galaxy S8 videos on Youtube - the phone looks much nicer than iPhone 8 or X. Used to think Samsung is junk but maybe it’s time to switch to Android @sfdragonboy

Yeah, I would def consider Samsung on the next phone buy. The Apples seem too fragile with the glass sides and it may be kinda cool to try out something new.

Who is going to maintain your Samsung phone after North Korea nuked its headquarter in Seoul??? :rofl:

1 Like

Glass gate is so yesterday… like from day 1.
Passion drives decisions, reasons are then used to rationalize the decisions.

1 Like

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/teardrop-trailer-alex-mcneil-woodacre-marin-tiny-12425637.php

1 Like

https://www.inc.com/nicolas-cole/every-ambitious-millennial-that-makes-this-1-mistake-fails.html

I refused to upgrade the iOS so Cook can’t do any harm to my phone :rofl:

But some stupid app requires the latest iOS, so I may need to buy the X soon. Why is iPhone X hated and the sales week?

2 Likes

It’s all speculation. We’ll find out what the sales actually are today when they announce earnings. The early reports were the X was outselling the 8 by a wide margin. Then people panicked because the X forecast was supposedly lowered after the holiday quarter. The holiday quarter is always the highest sales quarter for iPhone. So the forecast always decreases after that quarter.

My guess is the analysis are idiots and iPhone sales are fine.

Well, it is kinda of expensive no? And let’s be honest, phone “play” is sooo overrated. I could care less about phones. I prefer human interaction and conversation…

Apple got greedy and is paying the price

Let’s see how the numbers pan out today. Obviously, Apple makes a ton of money but I do feel that Apple kind of messed this one up slightly. Do I have any evidence? Nope, but def more in the know and presumably smarter folks out there are reporting of smoke so whom am I to say that there is no fire right? I go back to my statement: drug dealers do not water down their product. They may give you some for free at first but after you are hooked they are not going to ruin their meal ticket if they know what they are doing.

Historically, quite often because of this fact, AAPL declines after Jan earnings. Armed chair analysts who didn’t know think that stock analysts are honest in what they are saying in public but they are playing the game according to what clients want. Is easy to cook up some bearish observations to push AAPL down for Jan earnings. Used to be fairly consistent when earning is always before monthly Jan OE until SJ got very pissed and varied the earning day in Jan. In short, can ignore the ignorant comments.

47 PM

09 PM

52 PM

08 PM

1 Like

Most likely millennials scam millennials

Technically, he wasn’t a millennial at the time, but once one of my niece’s boyfriends asked me if he should send some Craigslist poster (an apartment for listing scam) some money sight unseen for the application or down payment… Come on you green suburbanites, get a clue!!! Get a whiff of that urine scented, hard city living, will ya???

https://jingdaily.com/jack-ma-rent-the-runway-china/