More 2 week openhouses

I started noticing this is happening more. Cant tell if its a money grab or legitimately not getting the bids owners were expecting. Probably former.

Examples?

Extraordinary:
1359 johnson, menlo park (huuuge lot, on busy valparaiso).

Ordinary:
2000 cedar, menlo park
378 felton menlo park
2044 ashton, menlo park
1127 high strreet, palo alto (this house didnt sell for months last year, is on market again. It is on a flagish lot with most of the lot is on frontyard)
942 el cajon, palo alto
1189 springer, los altos (another home on springer recently sold and had a super busy openhouse maybe couple months back, and iirc it was mountain view zipcode)

kind of feels like menlo park topped out.

1 Like

In my neighborhood move in ready homes are selling in 8 days or lower.

Yeah mv is pretty hot. I assume sv is similar, but menlo park is close to my heart for some reason - i just love it. Has the most beautiful homes with very nice neighborhoods all over. I am just curious why.

Another example: 1710 croner. Still pending after two months: this is extraordinary. A 3ksqft house would have sold near 5m or more. I am very surprised. Maybe the buyer overbid every other buyer but asked for huge closing time.

8-10 days is standard. They out the house on market on monday-thursday, and take offers following week on wednesday/thursday.

1 Like

Here… maybe 11 of you cats can talk the seller down even more and become neighbors…

This one in my nbh went pending in 6 days. In my view, the insides weren’t so nicely upgraded either.

Even if the listing is low, sellers wanted 2 weeks (4 days OH) mandatory for higher visibility.

Reason for 2 weeks is seller’s intention to expose the home for wider people so that seller gets multiple offers. In addition, higher price range needs more time to get pre-app, make cash reserve and submit an offer.

One of my lost bid was listed around 2.7M - 2.8M range, it took 4 weeks exposure to market and finally got 5 offers same time, all are countered for 3.1M, I walked out.

Do not ask me the address, but it is 95125-willow glen.

1 Like

In my hood, a house didn’t even go into the market. :wink:

Somebody with connections to the bank got a good deal.