More rent control BS

You’d be better off moving to Singapore and then making a billion dollars. Otherwise the US Gov will grab a chunk on the way over.

I’ll take it in my backyard! As long as I can collect the rent :slight_smile:

That’s what he meant… like Saverin of FB. Move to Singapore just before IPO. Singapore is too small to have the talent pool like SV, and domestic market is too small unlike USA. But is wealthy folk friendly.

I’ve never been to Singapore. I grew up in hongkong which I think is kinda similar. It’s actually much easier to make money in US than in HK despite the much higher taxes here.

2 Likes

I have seen both, my vote is for HK. HK is advanced and nice. Hanera to note :rofl:

1 Like

Making big money is much easier in USA :slight_smile: But is very easy to survive without working very hard in Singapore because Singaporean government behaves like big daddy. Daddy would take care of you :slight_smile: So to have the best of both word, do like Saverin, he did his homework :slight_smile:

1 Like

But the weather climate is no where near Bay Area ! What is the point of earning in USA and moving to Singapore? It is better to stay in Bay Area with natural A/C climate !

After you’ve gone I think you will appreciate your hometown much more. Singapore is nice but not my cup of tea personally.

Singapore is super safe. If you want to go wild, just fly around. Ski-ing New Zealand. Bush walking Australia. Esoteric Thailand Indonesian Malaysia. Even more Philippines. Want to know ancient culture? China and India. All very near :slight_smile: Want air-con? Tons of air-cons in Singapore and is dirt cheap. Want to show off your nude top, plenty of swimming pools. No need to do household chores - get as many maids as you want. Can eat all kinds of food, cheap, Michelin star, esoteric, whatever. Want to gamble? Plenty of choices. The point is use Singapore as the launching pad to elsewhere.

2 Likes

Don’t people im Singapore get locked up for chewing gum or posting on facebook (the “wrong” stuff)?

Yeah? It is super safe. At a price.

Edit: on my last East Asia trip, I met with some folks who live/ work in Singapore, temporarily. They told me about Facebook monitoring.

Don’t chew gum and don’t post anything critical of the Lee’s and you’d be fine. :wink:

1 Like

Not interested in chewing gum. Posted the wrong stuff in FB, who? You mean that insensitive idiot who post nonsense about the revered founder of Singapore who die not long ago, he better don’t let me see him here, I will kill him. No respect.

Btw, I posted some stuffs about FB in the lounge.

If Singapore is so great why leave. I liked it there. But all it is is a city. Not my thing. Would rather live in Australia or New Zealand. 6000 miles away

2 Likes

Flawed logic, hate to point it out to you again but you tend to use flawed logic.

Ups, I opened this thread thinking it’s about rent control! It’s political now :frowning:

2 Likes

Is it? People can’t help themselves. We are all political animals now. :smile:

The housing needs to be sold to people, so that we’ll have more owners. This is another thing Singapore got right. We need a society of owners. SF got into the mess it’s in now because we have a city full of renters.

Ask SF supervisors to make a new law to take 15% of the renter’s salary, pool these money and use it for downpayment for renters who buy homes. If you don’t buy, you’ll continue to pay other people’s downpayment. No government money, no taxpayer money, no administration fees, tenant rights group self manage this fund.

Waive this requirement if the tenant income is bottom 15%. Those people can rent.

Of course, you landlords will go out of business, but you can sell your rental houses to these tenants at a good price.

Politics is not about humans? We play politics with chairs and tigers too?

I don’t mind people being political. But if they are the same ideas over and over again it gets boring fast.