More rent control BS

That’s what wifey says all the time! if you are a busy professional, you have better things to do with your time then be a nuisance. If you are lower income or unemployed, you have all the time in the world to harass your landlord.

3 Likes

Don’t listen to manch. He wants you guys to copy my strategy and compete with me :cry:

I also have a theory that people with LinkedIn profiles tend to be better tenants. I need to ask for people’s LinkedIn on applications.

6 Likes

It could be well be true. But isn’t this discrimination by definition?

These days we just use linkedin for background checks on tenants. Usually pretty easy to figure out if someone is a reliable tenant / real person or not via their LinkedIn profile and connections.

2 Likes

which is why you buy more expensive / higher end properties. Then for any normal Income to rent ratio, you will hit the above screen

One more thing. We actually don’t ask tenants for their linkedin profiles. Has been pretty easy to find them based on the information they submit on the application. To a certain extent same philosophy as hiring. Quite often i don’t ask candidates for references. I dig through linkedin to find people in common that I trust and just reach out to them directly

2 Likes

And people with Yelp accounts probably tend to harass their landlords more :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

How do you know that Yelp account belongs to the tenant?

Same issue with Linkedin unless their pictures are on their profiles or they provide the url. @manch can create a questionnaire that asks for Linkedin urls and Yelp usernames lol

I am bad tenant because I don’t have a Linkedin account :cry:

1 Like

I wouldn’t rent to you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow. That’s deep insight! So true.

2 Likes

What did I do?

1 Like

California is gutting the rights of property owners. This is exactly why the US wasn’t designed to be a true democracy.

1 Like

Worst of the worst

Assemblymen

David Chiu, D-San Francisco;

Rob Bonta, D-Alameda;

Richard Bloom, D-Santa Monica,

are intended to slow evictions throughout the state as California grapples with a housing crisis.

Sure, why not TWO YEAR’s notice???

1 Like

Why did you vote for David Chiu? He should be recalled for his restless attack on property rights.

These poeple should go clean our streets instead of abusing the people’s right

1 Like

All these and other liberal politicians should be forced to have homeless people live in their backyards.
Assemblymen

David Chiu, D-San Francisco;

Rob Bonta, D-Alameda;
Richard Bloom, D-Santa Monica