More Workers Ghosting Job Interviews

Junior posts😉

yup, exactly my experience.
Last year trying to hire a guy for my team. I think scheduled interview there’s like 3-4 doesn’t show up
and one guy accepted the offer and call on the day he suppose to start , he’s not coming in.
millenials are f up

1 Like

Ditto. We hire this guy, get his cube all set up, all his computer security clearance/badge set up, BOOM, calls (at least) and says, nah, not coming after all. Granted, this was for an entry level position but still, where is the commitment you freaking a-holes!!! That’s why I love being the mean, bad cop in interviews now. I give them the doom and gloom about the job, the long hours, etc. My boss kiddingly is scared of including me on interview panels but he knows I am right. Let’s not sugarcoat it. The last guy we hired from our competitor, I gave him a rough interview. He stood tall and is quite productive.

1 Like

Did you pay good though, that is why ghosting happens no? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Again, entry level, so NO EXPERIENCE. What ever happened to pulling up your proverbial bootstraps and working hard to gain that experience? Pay is ok for again no experience. Fully paid benefits, decent vacation allowance, the occasional free lunches and outings. That is why I generally hate younger workers. They ask for too much but in reality bring very little to the table. They do maybe something great (once) and think I should be a Director now. Come on!!! I prefer experienced, salty veterans like myself whom I can count on 150%.

1 Like

I saw an article where millineials are ghosting in their actual job. They just stop showing up. We had a guy get stressed a couple of weeks ago and ghost for a day. People were legit worried that something might have happened to him.

Like how you emphasis the no experience like 5 times :slight_smile:

I did so to thwart posts like yours, but apparently it didn’t help anyway…:wink:

Entitled millenial here.

2 Likes

Since you work at vaulted Google, I suspect you are good at what you do and are probably a good/excellent worker, but your peers (if you want to call them that) who are not as creative/smart/go getting/hard working need to work a lot harder to earn the goodies. That’s all I ask…

1 Like

These people won’t learn their lesson until they’ve experienced a downturn or a bad boss. No professional etiquette whatsoever. It will eventually bite them somewhere down the road one way or another.

2 Likes

This is pathetic on so many levels…

If they are a disgruntled bunch, firing their bosses should be the happiest day of their lives…too many wimps in this world.

This is the gal at the end of the article… I’ll refrain from taking the survey, thank you very much…