MountainView deal?

This house in Mountain View looks like a decent deal for the price and lot even with the freeway proximity+garage conversion . Buyer seems to be LLC.

jeez. The neighboring house has bars over their windows which you can see in the pictures. MV is crazy

I had a chance to buy the house next door back in 2014 for $725k. I didn’t do it because the electric grid was directly across the street. This is the house:

2 Likes

This is hilarious! I was looking at the same one before you. I had the chance to buy for 685k in 2013 but I passed. Didn’t like the neighborhood (or lack thereof) feel.

2 Likes

So much competition…:disappointed_relieved:

So the lesson is pick up properties that are not desirable due to issues like you mention and just ride the wave of appreciation. Renters usually don’t care much about those quirks.

I am looking at one that’s sitting on the market because the there are high tension wires behind of the property. Should I grab it? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Don’t be coy. Give us more details. :smile:

AKA, let us steal your deal that you found :wink:

Actually, I could only afford to buy one South Bay house back then, and I felt 725k was too cheap. I wanted to buy a more valuable house and ended up with something in WSJ. I think if I compare the 2 houses right now, they both appreciated by the same amount. That means I should have gone for the cheaper one.

1 Like

grab it but then tell us which zip at least. :slight_smile:

Don’t do it. You stay there for a few months to renovate, might adversely shorten your lifespan by a couple minutes. Might not seem much right now but every second counts when you are on your death bed trying to say those final couple words to your loved one(s). :slight_smile:

For me I made the right choice on passing :slight_smile:

How so?

What I bought instead has appreciated more.

3 Likes

What past I forgot, so no idea what I have bought has appreciated faster or slower or the same :hugs:

Really? That’s not the case according to Zillow. Although Zillow isn’t always accurate. :slight_smile:

You’re comparing broader market. I’m comparing 1 specific property to another. The one I bought instead would sell for more, so the broader market is irrelevant in this comparison.

No, I specifically compared the Zestimate of your house to that of 751 Leong Dr., Mountain View.

I’m doing a @hanera style markup of the map to show a reason why I decided not to buy the house back then:

1 Like