MRNA & BNTX - Are these next 10x stock?

Clearly in fifth wave of final wave c of a typical zigzag abc. I didn’t make any fib measurement (not logon to ToS) but look like could be completed or by 2mrw. You have reason to think fifth wave is extended?

I have BTO 3 calls for some giggle.

1 Like

Expecting the same tomorrow. It may be $120 around to complete a dip (still guess work). But, BNTX bottomed with $95 range. It can touch again tomorrow (hoping).

Remember, these two are long growth, good to buy at low and hold for 2 years at least. Covid-19 or other strains are not going to end by then.

Went as low as $115. Loss (on paper) an AirPod so far.

Wave c.5.v might or might not have been completed. But should be soon. Took the risk and BTO 2 more calls. My calls are aggressively OTM - lotto :slight_smile: calls as @pastora calls it. Dec 31 $140 :shushing_face: greedy for a lotto win.

2 Likes

I bought appx 500 shares around $115. Ran EWT in fidelity, it gives wave-3 bearish…why?

Can you review?

1 Like

Didn’t realize Fidelity provides EWT analysis, need to check it out.
That is the alternative count instead of zigzag abc, it is interpreting as 123… impulse so after this up wave 4… there would be a down wave 5. EWT has many possible counts, you have to decide which one is likely to be correct. Your preferred :slight_smile: What is $178? Is it a wave 1 or 3?

1 Like

It assumes the peak or previous wave was $178. I do not draw EWT chart, it automatically gives the EWT chart added to it.

On any case, MRNA can still correct one or two days - same 115 range and then reverses it there after.

I know but is it wave 1 or 3? If it is wave 3, then retracement is over. If it is wave 1, can still go lower.

Nevertheless this re-bounce should go above $135 if I’m not wrong :slight_smile: Even if it will go lower later.

I have downloaded the Active Platform :slight_smile: Installing now.

@Jil,

How to activate EWT? Can’t see it. And how to make the layout full screen?

No idea…what was previous one.

Haha. I bought Feb $150 call for now (I missed the $115 dip so got it around $120) and bought a few hundred shares as a starter position. It’s printing now. Very nice touch and go. Good call!

2 Likes
  1. New Chart
  2. Input MRNA
  3. Change frequency (from minute to daily)
  4. Click Technical analysis tab
  5. Choose Patterns and events
  6. scroll down and Choose EW
  7. Click the red Wave arrow and add to chart

EW_2

Only a comment, no graphing of waves?

The user interface was very bad in fidelity.

Click the Red wave (small one) and add to chart, then, it will add the EW into your chart. I am still learning. It is based on event, but does not allow me to change the duration…etc

1 Like
1 Like

BNTX YTD is 186%
MRNA YTD is 530%,
BNTX Forward P/E = 6
MRNA Forward P/E = 12

Looks like BNTX is good way to go up(Guess), but market favoring MRNA better as it is funded by US government !

@hanera

Market is testing my holding strength on BNTX and MRNA, every day I lose $15000, but gain Tiny $500 on covered call !!

Here you go…

1 Like

I was reading Moderna pivoted to vaccines because the tech to disguise the mRNA to bypass the immune system wasn’t working well in other applications. This was the key discovery of scientists in 2005 and it is concerning if they can’t implement it in other applications. Would really hurt growth prospects.

Any information if they have overcome this?

Any virus can be killed by human immune system and not by any vaccine. All current vaccines( not only Covid ) are like this, they are catalysts for immunity to work against any virus.

Here is the video review by yahoo.

It’s not about that, it’s about the technology behind mRNA.

RNA is made up of series encoded by 4 proteins. If they attempt to send in foreign mRNA, body rejects it.

Fundamental discovery was if they replace one of the proteins with some chemical only slightly different in structure (but man-made), the immune system would ignore it, (but cells would still accept it for “programming code”.

This is core piece to Moderna.

Problem is they started to try to use it in a variety of ways, but it wasn’t working. They “pivoted” to vaccines because for some reason it works there. But vaccines are lower margin business.

So they still need to prove it works in other areas than vaccines to really profit.

I am sure there is much more information on their progress here, but that is what I’ve read in limited reading.

4 Likes

L
First paragraph, vaccines - with such volumes - good profit around 40% profit margins.

Second, normally it takes 5-7 years to break through, but somehow they did within 5 months. Would have modified formula many times during trials and continue to modify new vaccine versions for Covid.

Third, sure they ( both BNTX and mRNA ) need to prove 99% consistent success and even more. These two companies have got better chance to prove it with emergency or big number of people. Almost 1.4M people are injected now.

Jan 29th possible qtrly results (MRNA )and all information will be clear by then.

Covid has been good to Moderna and BioNTech but it’s not clear to me how much upside is left or that their current valuations will be supported over the medium to long term. The mRNA vaccines were fast to market but are expensive to manufacture and transport compared to more traditional technologies. There are 30+ vaccines in development, and I have not seen a compelling argument why mRNA would consistently be more effective than, e.g., a live attenuated virus. My prediction is that in six months this is going to be a very competitive market with at least two new options that are roughly equivalent to MRNA/BNTX from an efficacy perspective but superior from a COGS/scalability/transportation perspective.

Now, one possible upside is that governments will maintain long term contracts with these fast mover companies to quickly develop and supply vaccines for the next pandemic. Given the impact of Covid I think this is a smart move and pretty likely, but don’t have a great idea how large the contract(s) would be. Hypothetically say $1B/year? Not enough to support their valuations.

2 Likes