Need A Summer Internship For High Schooler Johnny or Jane?

Unfortunately, probably a lot of you regulars don’t qualify for this but you never know. Get your kids going in the real world!!! Thank me later if it all pans out!!!

https://www.jbei.org/education/research-experiences/iclem-program/

2 Likes

To be honest I am sure this program will survive Trump…

Where was this kind of information for my folks back in the day? Sheesh…I am glad my siblings got in to Lowell and so I tagged along…:wink:

1 Like

I saw this in Katy Tang’s February newsletter to her constituents in the Sunset…

San Francisco Public Utilities Commission (SFPUC)
Internship and Employment Program
Applications Now Open

Learn more about how water moves from beautiful Hetch Hetchy into your faucet every day. Find out more about what happens to water once it goes down your drain or into the sewer after a big rain. Working for the SFPUC, one of San Francisco’s largest employers, is a great way to begin a career in government, and internships range from engineering work to earth stewardship and more. All internships are paid. To find out what internships are available and what deadlines there are, visit www.sfwater.org/internships.

I saw this in my neighborhood supervisor’s March newsletter if anyone is interested:

Intern in Supervisor Tang’s Office this Summer

Supervisor Tang and staff with interns during a Front Yard Ambassadors Planting Day
From left to right: (front) Katy Tang, Elvina Fan, Stephanie Li
(back) Ray Law, Jordyn Aquino, Heather Fuchs, Kenny Ng, Jim McHugh

Are you or someone you know looking for an internship this summer? If you are thinking of entering the world of public policy or government, an internship in our office is a great way to see how the city and various departments set policies, develop programs, and help our residents on a day-to-day basis with issues that matter most.

An internship at the Board of Supervisors will give you a first-hand impression of the day-to-day working environment of the city government. As part of our team, working directly with city departments and constituents, you will be exposed to work in different policy areas and contribute to administrative support in the office. This internship will provide valuable public service
experience that will help shape and develop your career goals. You will be able to enhance your knowledge of city government operations and learn new skills that will aid you in your future endeavors.

If you are interested in applying to intern with our office this summer, please fill out the application form online and return via email to ray.law@sfgov.org. Applications for the summer internship will be open through March 31, 2017.

Hey, maybe your lil Johnny or Jane can do some good for our wonderful, world class city…

1 Like