Received a message from a local candidate for High School District Board. What are your thoughts on the bolded parts of the agenda? What does it actually mean in practice?
My platform of promises to the community is based on L.O.V.E.
(Listen, Outreach, Voice, Equity):
- Advocate for the implementation of Resiliency Coaching services
- Develop a Social Emotional Learning (SEL) Curriculum
- Advocate for the implementation of Restorative Justice Practices
- Host community open forums to listen to members of our community
- Expand Parent Outreach Coordinators at each school site
- Set a district culture that encourages grassroots innovation
- Insist on transparency between the Board and the community
- Advocate for an Office of Equity and increased representation in hiring
- Support the adoption of an Ethnic Studies requirement
- Advocate for increased A-G inclusion for marginalized students
- Work to build consensus on major decisions like in-person learning
- Advocate for Special Education inclusion in the General Education classroom
Has anyone had experience with this stuff at their high school?