Next 10x Stock Winner

About to start the bubble but it’s not software so might take a while. Looking at CREE and ACEV right now (started initial position in CREE Friday). I generally agree with overall cloud, AI/ML and especially the edge computing side of AI/ML driving the semi stocks…but these are known. I’m looking for things that’s under that radar, that can be as close to 10x as possible for the next 5+ years.

2 Likes

I am not good stock investor myself. But, I will say this. Do not chase the under the radar gems. Just look what is around you and poised to grow. TESLA was never under the radar but made several millionaires. So did amazon and many others. Look what is in you plane sight, well researched, well followed, and well understood (to borrow from Buffet).

3 Likes

Cree to Invest $1 Billion to Expand Silicon Carbide Capacity

“We continue to see great interest from the automotive and communications infrastructure sectors to leverage the benefits of silicon carbide to drive innovation. However, the demand for silicon carbide has long surpassed the available supply. Today, we are announcing our largest-ever investment in production to dramatically increase this supply and help customers deliver transformative products and services to the marketplace,” said Gregg Lowe, CEO of Cree.

1 Like

why not just invest in ARKK?

Personality profile.

The academic reasons for not investing in ARKK:
a. Control :slight_smile: implicitly perceived higher return than ARKK
b. Learn more
c. More fun

1 Like

Still didn’t decline much. Is this a ROKU or a BB? Will it, like FIT, be acquired by a mega cap?

Meanwhile, TDOC makes a new low, now is RED for me… consolation is had reduced stake by 50%.

Recently, you and JC are in the same page.

“There’s been a lot of damage done, but given how much the stocks had run going into this sell-off, many of them could still experience a lot more downside before they start looking enticing,” the “Mad Money” host said.

In a list of 75 tech stocks, Cramer noted that on average they are down 37% from the highs. Despite the decline, their valuations remain elevated when compared to corporate outlooks.

“Without a major decline in interest rates, I think the cloud cohort will continue to struggle, and there’s no hurry to do any buying until we get to lower levels for most, if not all, of these stocks,” Cramer said.

COIN SQ RBLX :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t know any of these - but they were posted on Twitter a while back:

$LTRN: cancer is a trillion dollar’s mrkt & the firm has a much better chance of success by matching the right drugs w/ right patients
$SAVA: AD is also a trillion dollar’s mrkt & the firm has shown impressive 6 months’ data in P2 trial
$ATOM: chip is a $600B+ mrkt & growing, & the firm’s semis material & IP helps extend Moore’s Law
$GSIT: the firm’s in-memory high performance computing breaks the Von Neumann bottleneck & will be a key to the next-gen AI apps/similarity search

3 Likes

For @manch eyes only, top gainers in potential 10x portfolio… most of them acquired in May.

1 share of each won’t move the needle for anyone though.

:man_shrugging:

Sure?

bet big. 10x or go home.

Fastly is about to get acquired.

It’s now obvious Cloudfare is the clear winner in edge computing. Fastly’s only hope is to sell itself to a big player like the Big 3 public cloud companies.

1 Like

Acquisitions always happen at a premium.

1 Like

Previously I ask him whether he is evil or egoistic, the conclusion is clear.

Screen Shot 2021-07-01 at 11.48.13 AM

That’s what I am trying to determine. Sell on this news or keep it until confirmed news comes in

1 Like

There is no acquisition news yet. Only news is that Fastly’s new CFO has been involved in a string of acquisitions.

It’s true acquisition takes place with a price premium. But a premium over what price though? If Fastly falls another 50% but gets acquired at 100% premium you are just treading water. Just an example to illustrate the math. Not saying those are the likely numbers.

I think they hit a floor for now. The stock tanked because guidance for Q2 was lowered, but they maintained full-year guidance. Now we know that’s because the Apple project launched later than expected, and it’s adding a lot of revenue. FSLY focuses purely on the premium end of content delivery and leaves the mid and lower tiers to others. At least, that’s what they do now.

1 Like

@hanera, your thoughts on PLTR?

I have plenty of PLTR :grinning: