Next 10x Stock Winner

Joking aside there are deep differences between making physical goods and digital goods, which has zero marginal cost.

Then what about Amazon?

What AMZN? This is not the FANG, ANT and BAT thread. Is the 10x thread… AMZN can’t hit 10x over 10 years, want to bet? Meanwhile, IRBT is at a critical place… need to close above $80 for a short trip to $95 where I want to unload some shares. I don’t want it to retest the long term uptrend line, very risky, usually failed if re-test. Also, lock-in one double for the 5 UBNT calls bought 2 week ago… still got 200 shares :slight_smile: which are slightly red :cry:
20 PM

I guess my first short put is working in that it should be all profit (UBNT $45 OCT). I did another one on VEEV, since I figured I might as well get paid for waiting to buy. VEEV is above the $55 strike price though.

My Tesla is getting dangerously close to purchase price :frowning:

1 Like

No worries! When I bought Tesla back in 2012, I bought it at $35. Then it dropped down to $25.

Same with FB. When I bought FB back in 2012, I bought it at $38. Then it dropped down to $16 :scream:

Those were the days… :wink:

3 Likes

Careful, FB is double topped, some uncertainty is there.

1 Like

TSLA needs to service the customers properly, make and deliver properly. Competitor GM-Bolt rolled out many cars and selling fast.

Otherwise, GM (or Nissan) will take away all the market.

Before going China or international, TSLA needs to streamline the production and delivery properly, grab the market.

For long term buy and hold investors like myself, technical analysis means very little. You have to remember I purchased FB at $38. So whether FB double topped or not means the slightest bit of difference to me.

1 Like

I think the car market is quite fragmented. There isn’t a monopoly out there. Definitely can allow for multiple players so this is nothing to worry about.

Dangerous extrapolation. Just because the petrol car industry is fragmented doesn’t mean the future EV industry is going to be fragmented. Can you explain why the EV industry would remain fragmented? Please don’t do like some1, respond with a question :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I am clueless, btw.

You are right. It might not! But I have confidence in Tesla. Sometimes you do need blind faith :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think we need to ask the question “what about china?” when we analyze any stock. Sometimes it’s irrelevant, like Facebook. Sometimes it’s critical, like Apple. It needs to be one of the vectors of investogations or else the analysis is woefully incomplete.

1 Like

China is big, but it’s not the whole universe. Many things can survive and thrive without it.

Apple does not need China to succeed. It was already a successful company before it started to sell anything in China.

Friend, iPhones are assembled in China.

So what? It can always relocate that to another country.

If it is that easy, would be relocated long ago. Is not just cost of manufacturing, massive volume, large number of semi-skilled workers, supply chain and fast mobilization of large number of engineers and production workers.

It relocated its manufacturing from US to China. How hard was that?

I can forgive you, biologist.

You forgot that this biologist used to work for Apple. And I didn’t spend my time looking under the microscope over there either.

Still wuqijun is right. iPhones are assembled in China when cost is less. If another supplier, from Korea or other country, able to provide for less cost, Apple is likely to shift the vendor.

If China consumes iphones or Tesla cars, then Apple or Tesla depends on China’s economy.

1 Like