Next 10x Stock Winner

For long term buy and hold investors like myself, technical analysis means very little. You have to remember I purchased FB at $38. So whether FB double topped or not means the slightest bit of difference to me.

1 Like

I think the car market is quite fragmented. There isnā€™t a monopoly out there. Definitely can allow for multiple players so this is nothing to worry about.

Dangerous extrapolation. Just because the petrol car industry is fragmented doesnā€™t mean the future EV industry is going to be fragmented. Can you explain why the EV industry would remain fragmented? Please donā€™t do like some1, respond with a question :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I am clueless, btw.

You are right. It might not! But I have confidence in Tesla. Sometimes you do need blind faith :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think we need to ask the question ā€œwhat about china?ā€ when we analyze any stock. Sometimes itā€™s irrelevant, like Facebook. Sometimes itā€™s critical, like Apple. It needs to be one of the vectors of investogations or else the analysis is woefully incomplete.

1 Like

China is big, but itā€™s not the whole universe. Many things can survive and thrive without it.

Apple does not need China to succeed. It was already a successful company before it started to sell anything in China.

Friend, iPhones are assembled in China.

So what? It can always relocate that to another country.

If it is that easy, would be relocated long ago. Is not just cost of manufacturing, massive volume, large number of semi-skilled workers, supply chain and fast mobilization of large number of engineers and production workers.

It relocated its manufacturing from US to China. How hard was that?

I can forgive you, biologist.

You forgot that this biologist used to work for Apple. And I didnā€™t spend my time looking under the microscope over there either.

Still wuqijun is right. iPhones are assembled in China when cost is less. If another supplier, from Korea or other country, able to provide for less cost, Apple is likely to shift the vendor.

If China consumes iphones or Tesla cars, then Apple or Tesla depends on Chinaā€™s economy.

1 Like

China is 20% of Appleā€™s revenue. Itā€™s the second biggest market behind the US. Where would the stock price be with 20% less revenue?

Personally, I want to eventually spend money I invest. So selling at the right point is just as important as buying at the right point. Whatā€™s the point of saving and investing if youā€™re never going to spend the money?

3 Likes

Thatā€™s what I am getting at. Apple 10 years ago didnā€™t need the Chinese market. It was also not a 800B company. Now it does, desperately. If the X doesnā€™t sell well in China Apple stock price will crater.

Keep investing and never sell. If you need to use money, borrow on margin :wink:

1 Like

China might be 20% of Appleā€™s market, but America is an even bigger percentage of Appleā€™s market. The European Union is also bigger than china. Which begs the question: what makes china so special? Why are you not saying the same thing about America or the EU?

The EU and US arenā€™t growing their middle class the way China is. China will be a much bigger market in the future. If Apple is going to keep growing, then in 10 years from now China revenue needs to top US revenue.

1 Like

Then isnā€™t there always India? Even bigger population than China in the future and just beginning to grow a middle class. And letā€™s not forget about Africaā€¦ :rofl:

Didnā€™t someone call India a poor and dirty place? India median income is about half of China median income. They are probably 10-20 years behind China, but they are growing.