Notes on Living in Los Angeles

If I ever move out of Bay Area, I’d move to SoCal.

The most physically attractive people in the world move to Los Angeles, and then they dress super frumpy.

Bay Area people are less attractive, and we too dress super frumpy. So overall LA people are more attractive.

Would be worried about climate change down there over the next 30 years.

Read somewhere coastal Orange and San Diego counties are among the extremely few places on earth where you don’t need neither AC or heater. If you aren’t right on the shoreline most likely sea level won’t rise high enough to swallow you. The only real risk is wildfire.

I am worried about wildfire and water. What happens when there’s isn’t enough water for both northern and southern California.

This is true. Even the utility there advertises the orange county to have best temperature range for a human living. (70-80F)

The biggest risk in LA is being killed in an auto accident. The other is cancer. Orange County on the beach used to be wall to wall oil wells. A huge cancer cluster. Four people I know from there all died from cancer.

2 Likes

There is enough water for everyone if not for those stupid farms growing water hungry crops like almonds. When push comes to shove we can ban those water hungry farms. Israel is in the middle of a desert and they make do with technology. We can do the same.

There is nowhere to hide from climate change. People will adapt.

Los Angeles sucks.

Coastal San Diego :+1:

SD is super boring. Basically just like San Jose but with beaches.

Sounds good.

vs LA which is just a mess of stressed out drivers with poor air quality (lived there)

Or actually SF where you have to watch out for homeless attacking you.

I just talked to a farm broker. People grow almonds because they are hardened against pests. Soft produce is out. You are no longer allowed the chemicals and poison to stop predators of fruits like grapes and peaches. Soon their will no longer be fresh fruit and vegetables grown in California. My grape crop has shrunk from 4000 to 1000#. I have to cover them with nets at a huge expense. Commercial growers can’t afford nets. Poison is not allowed for birds. And their population is exploding. Wait for huge food price increases and all our food being imported. BTW I never used poison but birds are everywhere and now totally devastating

Tell me about the bird population explosion. I’ve lots of fruit trees and I am alarmed at the number of birds sitting in my fig and mulberry trees this year as compared to last year…

I don’t know, I don’t like the culture of over sexualization of female (as a father of two girls) all over LA area. I would rather see “Shot on iPhone” billboards than girl in Bikini to sell some soda with zero calories.

I do like northern SD area though - like Delmar or Sorrento Valley.

1 Like

Speaking of which, on the day we visited UCLA, there were quite a few soaking in the big fountain there…

:thinking:

As for SD thumbs up for La Jolla.

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Beverly-Hills/1011-N-Beverly-Dr-90210/home/6822252?1280460695=variant&600390594=copy_variant&231528114=variant&1077477207=variant&utm_source=ios_share&utm_medium=share&utm_nooverride=1&utm_content=link&utm_campaign=share_sheet

:-1:

Too old fashioned.

The Hearst mansion house is famous Hollywood history. Remember the scene with horse head in the bed from The Godfather. Sorry nostalgia doesn’t float your boat. Why live in SF?..…it’s all about nostalgia for the past.