Ok, The Donald Has Spoken Regarding Tax Cuts

Pew Research Center’s study indicates Americans are doing very well. Many have moved up to upper middle- and highest- income. Need more details on who are the lowest income group. We can’t assume that the increase of 4% are from middle class since the population has increased. Are they previously illegal immigrants? Are they from mostly from certain states? Are they of ex-certain professions/ vocations? Are they single parent? Are they mostly from certain age group?

1 Like

The chart is not that scary. Things haven’t changed that much…What is scary is class hatred encouraged by the Obama administration. .In reality all Americans are still richer than most other countries and have a higher standard of living…Not everyone can live like the Kardashians, and most of us don’t want to…
There are a lot more rich and upper middle class…What’s wrong with that?

The higher poverty rate can be explained by the 12 million illegals…and the vast majority are better off here than in their country of origin…

1 Like

Class hatred mostly exist in the media, not in people’s mind. It’s more a fabrication by the media.

What’s in people’s mind is the anger towards media and what media tries hard to promote. This is real.

I know some people who talk like media, but their faith in what they talk about is weak, most of them just repeat what they read and do not really think much. For people who talk against media, they are very confident and they do have a conviction.

Even some anti-Trump people are saturated with the daily criticism and ridicule of trump over everything, minor to major.

I agree the US news media is the largest terrorist organization in the world…Trump has his hands full…

2 Likes

Keep cutting taxes people, many states are doing just great…

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nation/2017/04/27/after-slashing-taxes-oklahoma-struggles-fund-schools-other-basic-services/d3Z4z26eF7cXbN2Wgs5LzI/story.html

BUT I WILL CLOSE THE LOOPHOLES THAT MADE ME PAY ALMOST NO TAXES. = THE DUMPSTER.

And we keep adding “winning too many times” states to the roster:

An illustration of what can go wrong is on full display right now in Kansas. In 2012, the state passed a huge tax reduction package that included exempting pass-through businesses from state taxes. That ended up incentivizing residents to recharacterize their income as pass-through and not regular salary in order to take advantage of the change; more than 333,000 state residents filed taxes this way the year after the change.
The exemption ended up depressing state revenue by an additional 1.7 percent on top of all the money it was losing from the overall legislative package. It cost $206 million in 2013 and another $472 million in 2014. It’s part of why the state is now struggling to fill a budgetary shortfall of $1.1 billion, passing deep cuts in government programs and even leading state lawmakers to reverse course and vote for raising taxes (although Gov. Sam Brownback ® vetoed it).

No need to read these type of articles to know that. We should learn to do our own independent critical analysis and not rely on such articles, many of which have vested interests and are trying to influence you to one way of thinking instead of presenting facts as facts. The fact that the corporate tax rate of 15% is lower than personal income tax rate of 35% is a big no-no… favoring the rich who mostly owned LLCs and corporations… I said this in another thread the moment the one-page is out. The equitable way is for both tax rates to be the same. For USA since it is a consumer-driven economy, the personal income tax rate should be lower than the corporate tax rate if we want to stimulate the economy.

1 Like

States have massive budget issues thanks to pension plans for government employees. They’ll never state that as the problem though. They’ll always say the problem is revenue. Just look at what CA did. For every $1 of extra revenue they spend $1.20 more. The government should be trusted with as little money as possible, because there’s no end for their desire to take more money. They tell us the bay bridge will be $1B then spend over $5B on it.

2 Likes

Well, for corporations, every profitable company pays tax. There is no low income corporation, or top 1% corporation. Because corporations are treated equally, their tax rate will be lower.

If you want the same 15% personal income tax rate, we need to have a flat tax first. No tax credit, no tax tiers.

Right. To any not that smart person reading/knowing the tax laws, I am not one, but kind of understand this: the reason the corporations were taxed higher than individuals was based on them having the luxury or the means to curtail the tax payments through “loopholes” that by the way, right now and during the campaign Twhitler said he would get rid of. Really?

Same as real estate investors aka landlords. They enjoy of privileges that aren’t given to the common home owner. Same as the privileges given to home owners but not to the renters.

It is of a hypocrisy mentioning that certain group is paying or not his share. We, except renters in this case, enjoy of some perks. Let’s get rid of them, we’ll see a revolution right here, right now in this forum.

Why do renters choose not to enjoy the perks?
Some don’t have sufficient downpayment or good enough credit score to qualify for the necessary mortgage.
Excluding above, many still choose not to. Why?

1 Like

This is all pretty hilarious. The top 20% are paying 87% of the income taxes collected. They are the ones funding the entire government. Yet, some people are upset that they get tax deductions. What about deductions/credits that only lower income people get, so they end up paying zero taxes? I suppose those deductions are fair? Let’s start with earned income tax credit. Is that fair?

1 Like

I guess it was only 83.9% for that year :slight_smile:

That’s how you get your information, by just saying things out of your mouth. LOL

Since I am talking out of my butt here, they don’t enjoy of the perks we homeowners and landlords enjoy. Depreciation, property tax deductions, etc.

If they could, somehow, deduct the rent they pay…:sunglasses:

If these perks are so great, why those who have the downpayment and can borrow the necessary loan don’t buy?
hint: maintenance, insurance, brokerage’s commission, market timing, perceived mobility…

Donald Trump has the BEST business acumen. Soon, our economy will be great.

He started a mortgage company in 2006. :rofl::joy:

Donald Trump appeared on CNBC in April 2006 representing Trump Mortgage and made the statement, "I think it’s a great time to start a mortgage company […] the real estate market is going to be very strong for a long time to come."[1]

1 Like

You do realize he filed for bankruptcy 4 times, right??? Yeah, his mumbo jumbo about using the laws to his advantage, blah blah blah, but at least give me someone who made money cleanly without any golden spoon…

3 Likes