Optimal GPA = 2.9?

Valedictorians rarely become rich and famous — here’s why the average millionaire’s college GPA is 2.9

1 Like

And so what we see is that the average GPA, college GPA of American millionaires is actually 2.9. And while valedictorians generally score high in the personality trait of conscientiousness. What you see among the millionaires with their 2.9 GPAs is they’re known for grit.

Maybe they don’t comply with rules that well but they stick with goals over the long term. And that how they do really well. And sometimes they don’t play by the rules, sometimes they do things differently. Because in school rules are very clear in life rules are not so clear.

Exactly why I think living in the Fab 7x7 and having your kids go to schools here is the best of both worlds. Making your kids experience real life at an early age is a valuable lesson in their upbringing I think. Suburbia makes kids too soft.

You want tough kids? Have them walk around Tenderloin.

1 Like

I wonder how much of the GPA is due to working to pay their way through school vs by working at all. If you read about most rich people, they were working and hustling in college. If you’re working, then there’s less time to study.

4 Likes

Well, the Tenderloin is real life. Don’t sugar coat it for your kids. Heck, teach them that if they don’t work hard they might end up here, on the streets. Living in the city means you get a chance at growing that thick skin that will help you in life.

Mental toughness, not muscle. And don’t listen to a childless guy.

1 Like

Street smarts. No one ever said anything about muscles. Geez, just because I don’t have kids doesn’t mean my opinion is not valid or defendable. First of all, I do have nephews and nieces and all of them are from the burbs. Some went to those supposedly great public schools in Millbrae and Saratoga. Did they turn out better or worst than kids I know who grew up in the city? Definitely not necessarily better (nor worst either), but they are a tad naive.