People are Moving from Bay Area to Sacramento

Where in Sac did they go?

Folsom is hot for Tech. Intel…
Eldorado Hills too

Ealk grove, Roseville…

Folsom has BA vibe. I think BA oldtimers would be shocked to see the newSacramento. Downtown has an SF vibe

Again, I will hold judgement on Sac until the next economic downturn hits to see how she fares. In the past, it was not pretty…

The Sacramento MSA is now 2.5m
It is one of the largest MSAs in the country. It is now part of a 15m person megalopolis. It is cosmopolitan, has a guaranteed trust fund…CA state government and a growing tech business.
SF is number 12. Sacramento is number 27

Sacramento needs better air connections. I have a friend who moved there and needed to take fairly regular business trips to the east coast. It was a disaster. Even just getting to New York was a huge pain. If a flight gets canceled/delayed there are very few options. Also any kind of connecting flight is likely to have a long layover bc of the limited flights out of Sac. My friends lasted less than a year and are moving. If Sac expands its air connections then it can really move to the next level as a city.

2 Likes

Agreed. If you want good air flight connections live in Vegas or LA

Don’t you just need frequent service to Vegas or some place similar? From Vegas you can fly to anywhere.