Pg&e bombed

BP 2.0.

1 Like

I wish! I didnā€™t expect it so quicklyā€¦

I bought more PCG - twice - as it tanked but it just tanked further! Iā€™m now almost break even on last batch I bought now that it bounced today. Hard to time the bottom. I donā€™t think itā€™s worth holding. I only had PCG in my portfolio as a hedge thinking it had long term value and was a ā€œsaferā€ bet than the other things Iā€™m holding. I didnā€™t think it could fall further after the last fire. What a mistake! One stock falling that hard can easily wipe out a bunch of other gains. Why hold PCG when it can fall like crypto? Better to hold something like Tesla or Twilio.

2 Likes

Conventional safe stocks are not safe at all.
Banks - I have C, still very red.
Utilities - Should be very safe but fire!

It turned out tech stocks though volatile, wasnā€™t that bad. One winner recovered many losses :slight_smile: + more!

Guess for dividends, stick to PG, JNJ and of course, AAPL.

1 Like

So?

23%20AM

Downed power line happens everywhere, not just in California. Media is distracting people from the real problems

2 Likes

Exactly. The real problem is poor forest management :grinning:

1 Like

Over regulation is the #1 problem for California

1 Like

Do something or join me in Austin for fresh air :hugs: sell the Bay Area primary and buy 4 mansions in Austin, stay in 1 rent the other three :laughing:

Are you kidding? I donā€™t believe you moved to Austin.

Weather is closer to tropical Singapore :singapore:
And no constant bomblasting from the liberals. Why do you think I buy rentals there and not in the Bay Area? Now I can live on my rents :crazy_face:

Be ready in the near future to see in your PG&E bill the famous ā€œsurchargeā€ word, probably double its amount. :sweat_smile:

Think of a situation, how can we avoid it?

If PGE files bankruptcy, someone needs to take over. Who will come forward? Even if someone takes it, how will they fund or maintain grids/lines? Same surcharge or rate hike.

If none comes forward, government needs to take over, again surcharge.

If both are not done, no one will have power right? Do we want to live without power or internet here?

Pay surcharge if askedā€¦

Install solar panels on your roof and battery pack in your garage.

1 Like

Move to Austin or squat inside Apple Park which is fully solar powered

1 Like

PCG $5 testing previous low. Buy :roll_eyes:

You donā€™t think it will get bankrupt? They just started a new fire in Sonoma county.

:scream:

Just shutdown the grid. Itā€™ll make the environmentalists happy.

2 Likes