Predictions for Sunnyvale, Cupertino

Wow, which country has good appreciation?

China or HK?

Why druid and not sorceress or amazon?

75214 (easy one to die :slight_smile: ), 102 SFHs for sale vs 45 SFHs for rent.
Good for landlord.

Randomly select one SFH, 6137 Reiger Ave, asking rent $2000, zessimate $316k.
Hence, yield = 7.6%, not possible to get 25% cap rate, may be 4%.

27 PM

If the house is only $316K why would anyone pay $2,000 to rent it in the first place - PITI might be even lower than the rent. Places with low housing prices usually have more for sale than rent.

Other states Utah Wisconsin NC
@ Elt …true best to balance have some with high appreciation and others with good cash flow

Those who bought in Sac, Tracy, Stockton post crash really reaped the benefits …its true about bay area engineers owning RE within CA and outside CA …several thousands of them …

They either can’t come up with the downpayment or have bad credit and can’t borrow any money.

If that’s the case then the quality of these tenants is pretty bad (can’t come up with 3.5-10% on $316K via FHA and/or bad credit). Landlords should think twice about investing in these areas. Even if they are able to fetch the $2K rent it’s not sustainable.

@Elt1 .is correct SFH is not great long term if the goal is to be in a position to “retire” from your daily 9to5 gig …Multi Family is the way to go …but it has its own set of challenges and i am not talking 4 unit setup but larger 20 plus

Time to buy was 2011 …now everything is in the rear view mirror …hindsight and some regret :smile:

No worries… that’s where Section 8 comes in.

There are still plenty of opportunities, but those are in areas people turn their noses at. I posted a pretty cheap SFH in San Francisco couple days back, but @sfdragonboy said it’s lucky he doesn’t know the area. Yes, these areas have warts. That’s why they are not selling 1M houses yet.

San Leandro still has very affordable houses. I still think that area has potential. How about Newark? It’s coming up fast but not at Fremont price level yet. Pockets of Hayward is pretty decent. People always make fun of East San Jose. But you know what, when even that area hits 1M in 2023 you will come around and tell people the year to buy was 2018.

There are still lots of opportunities. If only you allow yourself to look.

What? This is all I said…

quote=“sfdragonboy, post:4, topic:3997, full:true”]
I don’t know this area well (thank god) but I was initially thinking it was near the projects (maybe it is?).
[/quote]

Dude, you are picking on the wrong person. I grew up in Chinatown. I’ve actually worked in most of my early fixers. Once, I stayed overnight in one of my units (sleeping bag, on the floor) so that I wouldn’t waste time driving home and back in the morning to finish painting the entire unit asap. I’ve probably done more time and worked in poor neighborhoods than you ever done. I just feel that if you are single, then buying in these rough areas may be more doable, that’s all. I wouldn’t want a wife or kids to have to face the garbage every day living there as Daddy tried to make a buck…

2 Likes

Wow, dragon has been investing in houses for a long time. Don’t underestimate him. Did you flip them or keep them?

Sleeping in a bad neighborhood is tough. Did you bring a gun with you?:rofl:

1 Like

This forum edit guard is full of crap. Not helpful at all and frustrated the hell out of me. I’m boycotting this forum unless it’s turned off!!! :rage:

What’s the edit guard you are talking about?

It’s the thing that blocks you from posting if it finds something “wrong” with your post…

Why are you trying to post wrong stuff? :smile:

It’s what it considered to be “wrong”. But personally I don’t think it’s wrong… :laughing:

Oh, it’s the PC guard. What did Manch prevent you from posting?

I guess the guard is English only. You can post in a different language, we’ll use google translate to read. Not hard to escape the guard :rofl:

Was it manch? I thought it was just a robot!

Did he configure the bot?