Price Estimates - Palo Alto edition

I found the comments interesting and educational…

Eichler homes can have good curb appeal, but the old link with '66 has zilch. You changed the link?

Good point on the availability of street parking.

Hm? Don’t think I changed the link - same house I was looking at on Moffett.

Looking at the street view, you can see how all the cars are parked “half on pavement” because otherwise 2 cars can’t pass the street. Do this for couple of years, and your car’s wheel alginment / suspension will go nutso. :expressionless:

Lot of people hate Eichlers. Don’t buy unless you’re sure about them after researching.

Eichlers are old fifties crap

I used to live nearby (though the other side of oregon express). I visited Greer Park once and never visited again.
On top of that, the house is close to apartment complex and highway 101.

Is there anything wrong with that park? Any questionable population?

I hear the other side of oregon is the PA “proper”. :slight_smile: That’s a nice area.

I rented there. :slightly_smiling_face:
Anyway, the surrounding neighborhood of park itself seems nice but the park attracted many scary looking high school kids at that time.

From EPA?

• The next priciest Bay Area locale is Palo Alto’s 94301, which landed in sixth place with a median of $3.75 million-plus. Palo Alto ranked seventh in 2017.

How much do you guys think the house below in PA will sell for? It’s already had one price reduction

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Palo-Alto/234-Edlee-Ave-94306/home/12171475

Not another Eichler…

Eichlers can be nice if they’re redone properly :slight_smile:

That one hasn’t had much up grading. Nothing a good fire couldn’t fix:sunglasses:

Could be a deal with a couple more price reductions :slight_smile:

Has anyone here completely redone an Eichler? Curious how much it would cost.

150-250k

If you dont mind, what would that include?

I went to this Edlee house. The problem here is not eichler, but its proximity to the train track. Heard the showing agent that it isnt very loud, but a train swung by during her speech. :rofl:

Compare that to this house:

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Palo-Alto/3790-Redwood-Cir-94306/home/1601763

This one is nicely remodelled (it was beautiful when I visited), but again right next to Charleston. Afaik, it went pending way below asking after sitting 1.5 month.

That place needs everything. Gut job. Drywall? New wiring plumbing kitchen baths flooring. Roof? Windows? Doors trim garage? Dry rot . Price accordingly
It is 50-60 years old.

The one on Redwood is probably a better deal. Can’t fix train noise