Price Estimates - Palo Alto edition

Pull up street view and you can see what the issue is with this house. There must be a shared easement with the house on the left leading down to the house behind the houses in the front.

that’s visible from aerial view too, there’s a flag lot behind.

Yes, but it would be different if the easement didn’t exist. There has to be an easement, and the two story houses look right across at each other. That 6,000 square foot lot got a lot smaller.

How does the hamilton house compare to this one in LA:

Similar sized, but much bigger lot in LA and more functional floorplan.

Is El Monte the street dividing North and South LA? So this house is on the right side of El Monte?

Yes, this house is in N LA. It would have been better if it was closer to Almond and downtown. Also, some people may not like that the lot size is 8k. There is an expectation that lots are > 10k in LA.

I am new to this. Is this the correct order of disdain?

Los Altos Hills > North Los Altos > South Los Altos?

How would PA and MP fit into above?

This is my guess. Not very familiar with MP. @tomato can correct

Los Altos Hills > North PA (old PA, crescent park etc) > N LA > Midtown PA > MP > Central LA > S PA > S LA

1 Like

Even MP has its regions. I think West MP is where the good houses are at.
Los altos hills - hit or miss, crappy homes or really nice mansions.

but besides MP, above list is probably right

Price drop 100K.

1 Like

Built in 2010 and completely remodeled:

I was curious why it was fully remodeled only after 8 years. Then I saw this:

This is hideous and probably quite expensive. Extremely bad tastes from the developer,

1 Like

This house is in Midtown. According to your chain of disdain:

It’s between North LA and MP. Right in the middle.

midtown to me is more fun, there’s shopping center around :stuck_out_tongue: but that’s me. crescent park is better with big mansions and richer neighbors.

The point here is not too highlight the $7M house (which seems overpriced), but the fact that the prerenovated house was hideous :face_vomiting:

It doesn’t look good but it doesn’t look “hideous” to me either. A bit too “Chinese” maybe? :smile:

Looks like it was built for a crazy rich, flashy and super old person from China.

The ‘before’ looks okay to me. Not my ideal design but I wouldn’t call it hideous or flashy. Maybe a bit old fashioned.

Really? Ok, maybe it’s just me. That house was built in 2010 but it looks like a house from the 90s.

15% appreciation in 3.6 years.

30% in 6.5+ years.