Price Estimates - Redwood city edition

Terri, which areas in redwood city are good? Trying to gauge market hotness. I know mv, pa, la, and svl and nice parts, but no idea on rwc.

Emerald Hills, farmhill, Edgewood Park, Mt Carmel and the area near Atherton and Woodside are the best areas
Plenty of other good areas. Like Morton Park, palomar park, Woodside Plaza. Only real bad areas are near El Camino

1 Like

Around Costco - not good. To many multifamilies and industrial zoning. But there is Stanford coming and will bring 2.900 employees. Plus Sobrato will build bunch of mixed use on Woodside/101

1 Like

Depends on what you’re looking for. Agree with the above posters. But I think you have to know your needs. If you’re looking for rental appreciation, North Fair Oaks is going to be that because of Stanford building on that side (though you’ll need to sell, NFO is trying to get rent control). School and family neighborhood–Woodside Plaza. Proximity to Atherton, but not schools between Selby lane to Woodside and Kentfield to Alameda DLP. Walkability to downtown and a high school with IB program, you want Mt. Carmel. Amazing views and expensive houses, Emerald Hills (but so help me, I would never want to live there–nearly lost my car over the side visiting something in the hills).

They can’t get rent control on NFO alone, no?

NFO is county not in city of RWC. Possiblity of it own rules

TIL.

Interesting. I was wondering about that. Some posts I saw on nextdoor implied they were working on it on their own. One of the posters was pretty smarmy about it. I think I decided not to throw her the study from Stanford which indicates that she’ll get kicked out because landlords would rather sell than rent under rent control. I figured it wasn’t worth the fight.

1 Like

Edgewood Park

Oh, Boy… in 2015 we lost this house… did not qualify … ppl sold it recently and made money from nothing. https://www.redfin.com/CA/Emerald-Hills/3-Summit-Ct-94062/home/1942452?utm_source=ios_share&utm_medium=share&utm_campaign=copy_link&utm_nooverride=1&utm_content=link

Oof! Interesting the RF estimate is at $1.5M even with the $1.8M sales price. Very interesting.

PENDING!!! 70 days.

I had my eyes on it, damn.

That’s definitely a you snooze, you lose. You should’ve made a lowball offer…40 days ago.

Make lots of low ball offers. Early and often.
If it is truly a soft market one will stick

Sold for 3.5. Spicy!

Very true. I am seeing low ball sales here and there. Desparate ones are taking it.

Good time to be a buyer in a looong time!

Bam. @Terri

Priced right for that neighborhood. It would have been $500k higher in Edgewood Park

True. A weak spring next year may open the floodgates. This time the slowdown happened in early summers

I see flippers rushing to list…