Prop 6, the gas tax

Vote YES on Prop 6 for lower taxes

latest campaign disclosure filings for the period through October 4, revealing that the “No on Prop 6” campaign has raised $31,532,514.98, compared to just $4,415,167.30 for “Yes on Prop 6.”

2 Likes

The no money comes from public service unions

1 Like

Inspite of this increased spending the mid-October Survey USA poll and the San Diego Union-Tribune poll both showing dramatic 20-point reversals with Prop 6 now supported by about 55 percent of likely voters in the closing days of the 2018 election

1 Like

Vote YES on Prop 6. Even after outspending by 10 to 1 they’re up by only a bit.

Prop. 6’s opponents, which include construction unions, business groups and the state Democratic Party, have vastly outspent pro-repeal forces led by Carl DeMaio, a conservative radio personality from San Diego. Opponents have raised $43 million, compared with proponents’ $5 million.

I’m 100% sure that California(state, local) both will raise taxes again in a few years. The money always is never enough.

2 Likes

Never underestimate the Democrats ability to waste other people’s money

2 Likes

The good thing about prop 6 is it also includes a provision that bars the state from raising the gas tax or vehicle registration fees without a vote of the people.

In a few years they will scare people again(Gavin Newsom/Governor will be on radio asking people during commute… for more money…)

Someone wise said… "To predict what someone will actually do, Don’t only listen to what someone says he/she will do, but examine their actions historically "

3 Likes

I did my part.

1 Like

Vote YES on Prop 6.

10x money against the repeal than for it.

and someone(not on this forum) was suggesting to me that “the gas companies/auto companies are funding the repeal” :smile:

Prop. 6’s opponents, which include construction unions, business groups and the state Democratic Party, have vastly outspent pro-repeal forces led by Carl DeMaio, a conservative radio personality from San Diego. Opponents have raised $43 million, compared with proponents’ $5 million .

Already voted Yes for you, sir

1 Like

Mailed my ballot yesterday. Yes on 6.

1 Like

Jerry Brown is back scaring people again, so check out the REAL facts on this thread :slight_smile:

Even after being outspent 10 to 1…, that must be why Jerry has recently reemerged out on the stump against this.

1 Like

You can check to see if your ballots have already been counted here: https://sfelections.org/tools/vbmstatus/ YES on 6 All The Way. :slight_smile:

Prop 6 the Choo Choo train killer

1 Like

Well fought team!!! :beers::beer:

Gave them a great fight with less than 10% of the money :slight_smile: !!!

We were fighting an uphill battle due to the language on the ballot. “eliminates certain funding for roads” did not mention anything about the gas tax or increased vehicle registration fees. Beccerra is a jerk

1 Like

Choo Choo train is the Prop 6 killer. :smile:

:train: :train: :train:

Too many people have too much money in NCal, nobody cares about gas cost. Let the non-wealthy middle class people pay for our transit.

In the future, more flat taxes such as gas tax and sales tax would be passed

Cal has the highest poverty rate.
Bay Area I witness long lines for gasoline at Costco. Never noticed that in other states.