Putin has opened the gates of hell

Came across this - I don’t know what all these videos are from - but interesting that he’s saying that stuff is being filmed at the same location and I think he’s right:

Don’t get your brain washed by going down the fake news rabbit hole. Russian troops shot and raped civilians in Chechnya and Syria too. It’s how they “fight”.

The corpses in Bucha were people killed many days ago. The bodies can be seen in satellite images. If you want to see people cry over their relatives I have seen tons.

Seriously I don’t get why people try to whitewash war crimes.

5 Likes

There’s no “both sides” to this one.

What happened in Bucha is a war crime.

1 Like

So what’s your ingenious plan? Have America wage war on Russia? American troops march to Moscow and capture Putin?

Or don’t say Putin is a war criminal despite mounting evidence and do nothing?

We are not letting Putin stay in power. NATO is shipping billions worth of weapons to Ukraine and our sanctions are bankrupting Russia. It’s not as adrenaline inducing than waging WW3 but it will work, a bit slower than ideal but we don’t want nuclear bombs exploding everywhere either.

I’m not sure there are any good options to actually have Putin removed. The danger is a weakened Russia gravitates even more towards China and becomes a Chinese vassal state much the same way Western Europe is to the US.

IMO there’s a 1/10 shot of getting a pro-west regime in Russia. If that somehow happened, it could set back China 30 years. I think that’s why Biden is pushing so hard on “war crimes”. This was a rare strategic misstep by Russia and China that gives us an opening.

2 Likes

Right. There are no good options. I don’t think even a pro-west regime in Russia will last too long TBH. There is something fundamentally rotten in Russian culture. The belief that Russia has an inalienable right to rule over other “lessor” people is deeply rooted in its culture and millions of Russians sincerely believe in it. It will take generations to get it out of the Russian system, if it can be done at all.

1 Like

It almost feels like you would need post-WWII style reconstruction along the lines of what the West executed in Germany and Japan. But like you say, the people may not be willing to go along with it in the exceedingly small case that there is a pro-west government.

Odds are China steps in and fills that role.

2 Likes

What is your master plan? We just let Putin go back to running Russia like nothing happened?

You might want to check your facts about fake news too. Remember the packed NYC ER that was actually footage of an Italian ER? What about the lines of people waiting to get into the ER then when people went to see videos were popping up all over that it was nothing? That or the Kentucky gun range footage that was supposedly war zone footage. Oh, or that Hillary was going to win in a landslide, lol. If we’ve learned anything, it’s that the media has an agenda and doesn’t care about facts anymore.

1 Like

News always has 2 sides. There can be Ukranian faked footage and still real civilian deaths elsewhere.

1 Like

Which I would bet is scarier than Putin being in charge.

I indeed don’t have a plan. Biden and NATO do. It’s to impose crippling sanctions on Russia while shipping billions worth of weapons to Ukraine. You are implying you have a better one. Let’s hear it.

Don’t recall I ever share those ER pics. Don’t even know what’s the deal with “Kentucky gun range footage”. There are indeed much fake stuff going around the net. I mostly just wait for more than one reputable media outlets to confirm something before drawing conclusion. By reputable I don’t mean some rando Russian propaganda websites spiting out conspiracy theories.

If you don’t trust any media, even ones with good reputations, what do you do? Fly to Ukraine and do your own detective work?

Wait a month and the truth generally comes out.

2 Likes

I also noticed the lack of blood on anyone.
Not saying for certain it was faked, just saying that once it’s war nothing can be taken at face value.

1 Like

An alternate plan would be to stay the heck out of this. The West had a hand in it by expanding NATO to totally surround Russia except for Ukraine and Belarus. The current Ukrainian leader is no saint. Outlawing media and political parties. And Ukraine has engaged in a dangerous game of trying to come out ahead by playing two opposing factions against each other. Maybe It’s none of our business. Our own border is being overrun.
Would anyone really risk a nuclear exchange over Ukraine? Not a NATO member.

1 Like

So what if Putin doesn’t voluntarily resign or leave Moscow? Are we going to tell Ukraine to go get him to stand trial?

Now you’re just confirming you have a very bad memory or very selective reading. They’ve all been discussed here. If we’ve learned anything, it’s that the first story is almost always wrong. It’s not until later that we get all the facts. Of course, people don’t update their opinion when new information is available. They still cling to the original story and keep repeating it.

So do you have an alternative plan or not? Let’s hear it.

You make it sound like we the West forced people to join NATO. It’s the other way around. Countries have to apply to join NATO. Nobody forced them. In fact Ukraine wanted to join back in 2008 and Merkel shot them down.

Finland and Sweden, after watching the horror in Ukraine, now want to join. They have been sitting on the fence for 70 years. No more.

Are you saying the Bucha massacre is fake and staged?

By the time we know the truth, the world will have moved on and people will repeat it as if it was true. “Hands up don’t shoot” is a perfect example.

2 Likes

Interesting decision by the US of weaponizing the $, world’s reserve currency . This may have long term after effects.