Raw Meat in Shopping Carts

I was at this market in 1989. The most exotic meat market in the world. Amazing how the animals were slaughtered on the street. I am fascinated with third world markets like in Hong Kong, Thailand and Mexico. My favorites are the fish markets. It is a great cultural experience for an American brought up on boring supermarkets. The street markets in France are also very interesting… Makes our farmers markets look pathetic.

https://www.travelchinaguide.com/attraction/guangdong/guangzhou/qingping-market.htm

You mean chicken feet? I order that at dim sum all the time :hatched_chick:

sorry, yes chicken feet.

These kinds of meat and fish markets are much safer than American sanitized versions. You can see with your eyes the animals where the meat is coming from. In American supermarket all the dirty work is done far away in some industrial complex. All kinds of germs and crazy shit got mixed into your meat. Yeah, the meat looks cute in a shrink wrap package.

In Chinatown you can get live chicken and get it butchered at the spot. A relative of mine is even more hardcore. She buys live chicken, brings it home, and kills the bird herself. That’s fresh food right there, killed an hour ago before dinner.

Hate to break the news to you guys. Meat comes from animals…

5 Likes

This sounded like Ron swanson.

1 Like

My grandma used to do that. Real farm to table.

1 Like

1 Like

You can thank the FDA and their endless regulations that are protecting us.

1 Like

Our regulations are forced by the hysterical news media. One kid died of ecoli infection eating at Jack in the Box and now every fast food burger is cooked to the consistency of a hockey puck… we can’t import unpasteurized cheese from France… the best tasting cheese in the world is denied to this country of bleeding heart liberals who are deathly afraid of germs…

2 Likes

the running joke in millenial circles is: kinder surprise being banned in the us.

Now it’s Chinatown’s turn. Right up to your face @sfdragonboy!!

http://m.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/pig-carcass-san-francisco-viral-vido-unsanitary-12547857.php

This particular video shows two delivery men from Yosemite Meat Co. unloading pig carcasses from a truck at City Super, a San Francisco Chinatown grocery store. In the video, the men can be seen slinging the carcasses over their shoulders, much to the disgust of Allegra Johnson, the woman who shot the video.

What’s up with these prudes? That’s exactly the right way to handle meat.

We should ban all non Chinese from Stockton St.

Please…we knew this was happening in my neighborhood literally EONS ago. Nobody is going to have a cow…

The liberal media has an agenda to turn everyone into vegans. They will do anything to make meat look disgusting.

1 Like

You can buy it here though: