Raw Meat in Shopping Carts

1 Like

So it was actually Ranch 99 being delivered by Jim’s Farm meat?

And yet Costco is the one named in the first two lines? Might’ve been their carts, but not a good way to start a story. One wonders if Costco could sue for defamation. (even if unintentional). Or just misuse of their carts.

Costco’s carts are bigger, right? Perfect for transporting dead pigs. :smile:

1 Like

Boom. Something viral happening in SJ. Oh wait…

The lady in the article is kind of ridiculous. If she’s so germophobic then don’t ever let her kids sit in shopping carts. Germs are not necessarily visible to the naked eye.

2 Likes

World class, baby, all the way…

1 Like

True, and we all know that packages leak, so there’s probably some meat juice in there anyways…but… I’ll give it to her that this is not within the health codes, and made for a good story.

It seems it’s just how they roll in San Jose. :smile:

3 Likes

First let me say that that is improper food handling but…It is probably not as bad as it sounds. The items being delivered have probably been delivered that way for a while and there are no food poisoning reports. Since it is a supplier that’s doing it, they probably do it at other stores too.

1 Like

Butchers in Hong Kong carry dead pigs on their shoulders. It’s fine. Nobody got sick.

oh wow.

1 Like

Nobody talks about homeless people misusing the carts. What about the germs there?

2 Likes

I don’t know… Given what toddlers use those carts for… I’d want that meat wrapped.

Not that slaughterhouses are exactly a bastion of cleanliness either… but.

I don’t think they ever give the carts back.

Ok. 99 Ranch got caught again. :smile:

1 Like

This happens at every grocery store. Heard Whole Foods is a mess behind closed doors, but poor Ranch 99 got picked on.

1 Like

Ranch 99 is not run by Jeff, did Jeff pay someone to mess 99 up?

Or they didn’t pay the mafia on time, after all it’s Richmond we are talking about. Either that or Contra Costa can only target Ranch 99 because there’s no Chinatown. SF county on the other hand doesn’t have this problem. Health officials can just walk down Stockton and issue violation tickets like mad.

How meat’s sold in Hong Kong. Want to guess if the guy washes his hands?

i am glad i was a “grocery store” kid. i had my first shock when i came to us and stopped by convenience store and saw chicken feet for sale. Still traumatized.