Removing (smaller) trees

WOOOOOW!!!

Mine are much smaller. Really 4-6" across.

Fire is the best to get rid of this. Is it allowed?

I have a smaller stump, just leave it there and covered with dirt. Without sunlight, it should rot to dirt in a few years. Humans are overly energetic and don’t allow the nature to work its magic

1 Like

For 6-8” across you may try this one first…

https://www.homedepot.com/p/204168129

1 Like

OMG ! You are strong ! I may not do it this big !!

Too long for me…
I prefer to do it once and forget about it…

I think I’ll stick with the leveraged extraction method. Looks like it’s less work. :slight_smile:

Interesting tool.

1 Like

Is it allowed to remove medium sized trees in the front yard and backyard? How do we find the tree regulations?

Everything is possible. The qustion is - is it on your property or city property?
You should ask your city arborists or public work department. There are regulations (including price).

It’s not on the sidewalk, it’s inside the fence. The tree is not huge so it’s unlikely to be protected trees.

Inside the fence does not necessarily mean it’s on your property. Sometimes your front property line is somewhere in your front yard, not at the edge of the sidewalk (which means your front fence is on city property, but city doesn’t care).

My house is like that. After we moved in the city arborist tagged our street tree which is in our front yard because it’s dying and needed to be removed. City took care of the tree removal including stump grinding, but the city arborist wanted to plant a new tree but not at the original location because it was too close to water meter. City arborist said there is pretty much only one spot in our front yard that is suitable for a new street tree, but we’ve already done our landscaping and that spot totally will not work for us. After a short conversation I asked him whether we can go without a new street tree. He sighed and said that I mentioned the magic word. Apparently an owner can make the request to not have a street tree and they are obligated to accept, but they don’t advertise that option trying to get owners to accept the new tree. I said I understand the city’s desire to put in a new tree and I do actually want a new tree at the original spot, but he said he cannot allow a new tree there. I said what if I plant a tree there myself. He said it’s city property and technically I cannot do that because they don’t want to be forced to take care of trees later on that they didn’t plant. But he said if I plant the tree more toward my house so that it’s not obvious that it’s on city property then city won’t have an issue. Then off I planted a new tree right where the old one was, actually a little closer to the water meter but same distance away from sidewalk. It’s been growing but due to the old stump remnants the new tree is not doing the best it could.

1 Like