Roseville vs Sacramento houses

As far as fitting in, we joined the Eldorado home wine makers club two years ago and have an instant social scene. In addition to our Tahoe friends.

Folsom has a lot of Russians too. Rancho Cordova has a lot of Asians. Citrus Heights too.
Tons of international restaurants though out the 50 corridor. 2 great old style Italian delis. Taylor and Corti. Folsom Costco is very diverse. Feels like a BA Costco. Best market is KP international. Korean owned … amazing collection of international food.

https://cortibrothers.com/

I spent a week of 2019 in Panama City and drove to several towns in rural Panama . Enjoyed the country side. A 15 minute restroom stop, some two hours away from Panama City, became 2 hour stop where we shopped some fruits from local vendors who were selling raw vegetables and fruit. The biggest surprise was a big store owned by an Asian. Talk about diversity and global village.

I had a coworker 20 years ago who was originally from Taiwan. His native language is actually Spanish because he grew up in El Salvador (he was tri-lingual). His parents ran a big supermarket there and he started helping in the store at a young age. He was good at communicating and negotiating with other people so he was put in charge of dealing with exporters when he was still in middle school. After he got his engineering degree he went ahead and got an MBA then did marketing work utilizing the skills honed from his early life.

I am tempted to move to El Dorado Hill. However, the natural asbestos issue there sounds scary to me. What is your opinion about natural asbestos there?

Serpentine is the State rock. Marin county has so much there used to be an Asbestos mine on Mt Tam. The Golden Gate Bridge is founded on serpentine bedrock. The natural asbestos scare is a scam. We unfortunately live in a litigious society full of sissies scared of everything. Plenty of more important thing to worry about. I remember my first vaccine when I was five in the 50s. Stood in line and was given a sugar cube… no masks no fear… basic like getting a flu shot today.
I just got my covid19 shot. Drive through. Hundreds of people there to administer a simple shot. Police, fire trucks, ambulances. A tent for Anaphylaxis shock … 3 screening points. Forms to read and fill out. One nurse for the shot. 3 more to check me out. 15 minutes to wait for bad results. BTW the chance of Anaphylaxisis likely one in a million. Even less than the chances in getting disease from natural asbestos.
Society has run amok with fear… a fear generated by a malicious terrorist group called the news media.

On my farm ten minutes from Eldorado Hills there is no serpentine or asbestos but there are gold bearing rock formations

5 Likes

Pending in 35 hrs. Really great street appeal.

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Granite-Bay/8100-Warren-Ct-95746/home/19012199

I bet it’s better looking than @hanera’s house in Austin.

:thinking: