Indices & ETFs

Why do you have to badmouth the market every single time.

I just report the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. :smile:

2 Likes

Now we are even deeper in the hole. :scream:

DEEP RED! :scream: Hong Kong is melting down! :scream:

Relax. A 2% move down is not a meltdown.

3%
Nasdaq futures down 1.4%

2 Likes

This is going to be an issue until election.

If Rep does not get full majority, stocks may further down as ā€œFunding extension is due by Dec 7th to avoid government shutdownā€

Guess who wants to shutdown the government? The liar in the white house wanting $20 billions for the wall paid for by Mexico! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

The way republican supporters deflect the way this disaster is unfolding is amazing, slithering like snakes.

Caterpillar dropped more than 7 percent following the release of its results. The company said its manufacturing costs rose due to higher material and freight costs. Material costs were driven by higher steel prices and tariffs. This drop adds to Caterpillarā€™s steep monthly losses. Through Mondayā€™s close, the stock is down 15.6 percent for the month.

ā€œWe just look like weā€™re getting further away from a deal with China,ā€ said Art Hogan, chief market strategist at B. Riley FBR. ā€œThe ramifications of a prolonged trade ware are really seeping into investorsā€™ minds right now.ā€

ā€œI think weā€™re coming to a capitulation point,ā€ he said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/stocks-tumble-again-on-disappointing-earnings/ar-BBOLUvC?ocid=spartanntp

ā€œQ3 revenue climbed 18% to $13.5 billion, which was slightly better than the $13.3 billion expected by analysts. Earnings came in at $2.86 per share, up from $1.95 a year ago and a penny better than expected.ā€

Hmm, so their revenue was up 18% and EPS were up 47%. It seems they did quite well and maintained guidance for the year, so clearly tariffs arenā€™t hurting them too badly.

"Despite the positive tone of the earnings announcement, the company kept full-year earnings guidance at a range of $11.00-$12.00 per share.

Analysts had forecast full-year earnings of $11.65 per share, which is a bit higher than the midpoint of managementā€™s guidance."

Analysts wanted an increase to guidance which didnā€™t happen. Expectations were too high so the stock gets hit. Not exactly the fear, good, and gloom story some are trying to portray.

1 Like

Comeback kid! So are we in the clear now? :pray:

Did you load up AAPL, TSLA, NFLX and PANW? Need to buy the right stocks :slight_smile:

51%20PM

Nah. I buy on the way up, remember? :smile:

Is up today.

Both AMZN and FB are down.

I am waiting to buy the chip stocks that are getting shot to death: MU, NVDA and even AMD. The semi-cap segment is also very weak. LRCX will have <10 PE next year it seems.

The chips are weak recently, it would take some time to fully bottom. NVDA only started to weaken early this month, so it would take awhile. Having said that, I averaged in a littleā€¦ tiny (not the $50k trigger)ā€¦ just to soothe the itch finger, waiting for it to decline even more. Waiting for your magic $180.

What magic $180? :face_with_monocle:

You want to buy AAPL at $180 :slight_smile: and TSLA at $180.

AAPL yes. TSLA I wonā€™t buy even at $180. That kid is heading towards zero. :smile:

Told you to short puts at $220 for AAPL. No margin interest. And is making tons of money now have you shorted.