Indices & ETFs

4k video support starts with 6S in 2015. So 6S, 7, 8/X and now XS. 3 generations ago.

Do people really watch the video they shot on their 4K TV? I don’t have a TV so I am curious.

I watch my iPhone videos on my 4K TV using Apple TV. It’s so convenient and a nice family past time.

Almost every year around this time, you see this kind of “news”.

2 Likes

You missed my memo to Harriet. Since iPhone is available in 2007, as a family had been buying iPhone once a year, individually once in 4 years, this practice has not changed for 11 years. Also, my iPhone is 2 years old and my turn is 2020.

1 Like

Aren’t you carrying an ancient SE?

SE was launched in 2016. We are still in year 2018.

A natural upgrade point for everybody will be 5G, which is at least 2 years away I think.

1 Like

I’d probably still be using my old iPhone 6 if it wasn’t for the phone subsidy last year.

Now that you are a proud AAPL owner, time to come back to the iPhone family. Can we start you off with a top-of-the-line XS Max?

How about a TWTR shareholder who doesn’t use Twitter? :joy_cat:

:scream: :scream:

1 Like

That would be me. Don’t listen to @manch. Just because you’re a shareholder doesn’t mean you have to use the product.

1 Like

Bloomberg’s list of 50 companies to watch out for in 2019 for both good and bad reasons
https://www.bloomberg.com/features/companies-to-watch-2019/?cmpid=BBD111418_MKT&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&utm_term=181114&utm_campaign=markets

NVDA dropped 15% after results, Current qtr result is fine, but future forecast is way down from 3B to 2,7Bln ! Looks like NVDA future sales are coming down.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/nvidia-announces-financial-results-third-212000227.html

Investment is about the future, not the past.

2 Likes

VOO (S&P ETF) doesn’t look scary.

1 Like

Many of my boring stocks are doing well e.g. VZ, AWK, WM

Time to look at Nasdaq.

Chart not scary.

Chart not good. Have been sleeping on my wheel.

2 Likes

@hanera

I understand T took TWR huge debt. Other than this, both are almost similar with T giving 6.8% dividend.

What makes T going down and down while VZ going UP and UP?

Taking on huge debt is not a good idea in a rising rate environment. Hard to earn back the investment and difficult to integrate into the company. Leadership in VZ is wiser.

1 Like