Indices & ETFs

Jesus!

I can’t believe I am reading people investing money on the stock market. If they knew how to make a better use of it, they wouldn’t be here.

Unless they are creating fictional investments. I say so because I take in consideration predictions prior to the elections that they would be a factor for the stock market to plunge. :smile:

Somebody is moving his target day after day, and he ain’t hitting on the bulls eye. :wink:

Also, VZ is perceived as the leader in 5G tech by a wide margin. That should be a driver of growth in the future. I’m always skeptical though, because it seems to always take much longer than anticipated to launch the new tech.

You won’t believe, even today I am in positive return, but current volatility made almost 25% loss in my gains in line with many tech drops. Even if I sell all of them today, I will be appx 28% (instead of 38%) YTD gain.

I am pretty much sure hanera and wqj is also positive YTD return even today.

2 Likes

Actually I turned negative early this week.

3 Likes

This is why I am disturbed this week expecting what will happen until Dec 31,2018.

I ran a back-test of SPY since 1998, noticed how year 2000 and year 2008 downturn went it, seeing similarities on my back test, repeated fall again and again with SMA200 range continuously once death cross happened.

If further drops are there, I stand to go down to negative side. It is really breaking my confidence.

1 Like

I don’t care about being negative. Does not affect my confidence one way or the other. Nor will that change my course of action.

1 Like

You are simply great ! I am not even close as I regret every now and then holding even though reduced exposure.

1 Like

You are in the threshold of uncertainty. I have been telling you guys there are ways to cut your losses. I am not talking about real estate, stock market, life insurance, yada, yada, yada.

You need to sit down with a financial guy who knows what to do with your hard earned money. Putting your eggs in different baskets doesn’t assure you the end result will be positive.

You need to know about the loopholes out there to benefit you.

Are you paying more than $50K in commercial property taxes?

I can help you to get some $ back into your hands. :wink:

No, no life insurance at all. :smile:

Remember, my purchase price for Apple is less than $10. Tsla is $35. Fb is $38. Nflx is $90. Goog is $350. They can all drop like a rock. I can care less.

2 Likes

Yes, but I am not against stock market or opportunity. I want to keep my profit and come back nicely again.

The reason for my VZ vs T ask is to decide which one to choose.

1 Like

If AAPL is YTD positive, I’m YTD positive :grinning: Well, too lazy to check. Happy with 10-15% annual pay rise.

1 Like

Doesn’t it affect your capacity to flip houses? And accumulate rental?

I hereby declared that you’re a trader and unable to graduate to a buy n hold investor :cold_sweat:

1 Like

Being a leader in 5G is bearish for carrier. In fact the whole 5G thing is bad news for the carriers as they need to spend big money on infrastructure. Will customers pay more for their 5G coverage? Unlikely.

Buy and hold investors in GE stock aren’t doing too well this decade.

1 Like

Tagged. Now you can’t change the cost basis.

1 Like

Be wise, don’t hold forever blindly. GE and GM are sunset companies, everybody knew it decades ago. Once Jack retired from GE, it keeps going down. However, many financial journals, advisors and some old farts hedge fund managers hype them. I can’t even bother. Remember the full saying is:

Buy n hold (hopefully forever). Only hopefully, so you need to keep doing your DD frequently to ensure still can hold. Not buy and forget :slight_smile: Only index fund/etf can be buy and forget.

Well investors’ idol WB has close to 2B worth of GM stock.

He also bought quite a bit of oracle which I don’t see anyone here following.

Index fund is not buy and forget either. If your country goes down the tube, like Britain with their Brexit bullshit, you need to sell ASAP. Ditto for sector funds. Those need to be looked at even more frequently.

I know you are going to say this. If USA goes down, you would more worry about survival :slight_smile: survival of humanity would be at risk because pretty sure Americans would blame others and start some kind of nuclear wars. So can forget about your investment. Forget works in a negative sense here :slight_smile:

I made a first level deep comment.
You made a 2nd level deep comment.
Now I made a 3rd level deep comment.
Show me how deep you can think :slight_smile: Give me a 4th level deep comment.