Indices & ETFs

Huge gain day :grinning:
@wuqijun Please show evidence that your portfolio gains $100k+

It did but nothing to brag about. I’m still not satisfied.

1 Like

Buy MTN

@manch doesn’t think highly of SHOP, buy if he said no good!
70%+ from Christmas eve
53%+ from early Jan

2 Likes

Up 20% since August. Great stock.

Power of DCA purchasing. Started buying VOO early last year, gain is 11.86% vs lumpsum on first day of 9.21%. Throughout the period, some bought at very high price, some at very low price. Mindless regular DCA purchase yield good return without much effort. Surprisingly, is tracking the historical 11% DRIP return of S&P index.

1 Like

I see different numbers but most say 40% or more of S&P 500 returns are from DRIP. You’d have to be insane to invest where you only get the index return and not the dividends too.

Historical is 7% without DRIP
With DRIP 11%
So DRIP effect is 4/11 =36%

Agree.

I set up VOO/ VFINIX for my sons’ accounts, they are not interested in any stock investment, so those are the best instruments, effortless :slight_smile: good return.

2 Likes

Investors are in a holding pattern. Here’s why

Yes, stocks plummeted last November and December on worries about slowing global growth, as well as the possibility that the Federal Reserve may raise rates too aggressively this year.

The Fed fears have mostly vanished now that Fed chair Jerome Powell has repeatedly stressed the need to be “patient” given the various economic “crosscurrents” worldwide.

But stocks have roared back to life in 2019. The Dow is up more than 10%, while the tech-heavy Nasdaq has gained nearly 16%.

Benchmark for traders, gain from last year Christmas eve to last Friday 16% :neutral_face:

Why investors should refocus on the tech sector

We know :slight_smile:

A Recession Is Coming, And Maybe a Bear Market, Too

We know that too :smiley:

Near impossible to find RED. Trading portfolio shot up by over 10% :grinning: new ATH.
Market led by semis!!! Notably MU :slight_smile: Not sure why WDC is up more than MU though.
BUY semis! Sadly I sold NVDA, chart looks confusing :frowning:

06%20PM

Chip Stocks Surge to Record as Worst of Bleeding Appears Over

1 Like

Today everything at ATH including MSFT!

Kind of odd given that we are about to have inverted yield. Last hurray before the massacre?

Not really. @jil might have to buy FOMO as well.

Market always behaves like that, unpredictable and will trap the novice or mom-and-pop investor. It may even cross 2900 or 2950 or even 3000 to set a peak.

We will only know after the fact as that is real(not guess)

Last year, I was madly holding the stocks (as buy and hold) which resulted appx $167k loss on the gain. All these came back to me now.

Now, moving to cash position, I am happy to gain the loss. No more greediness of hold, hold and hold forever.

Sure, on this, no FOMO will bite me as I exceeded my profit limit. I will catch only if it falls down (any stock).

NO FOMO esp clear inversion happening now. watch out all banking sectors

Today I sold all my stocks including TSLA, BA and STNE and booked more than 15k profit as a final sale

See my algorithm, it has given me sale rating ! This is second time (SPY alone) hit on sale rating

Too low. Not acceptable.

Hmmm, You would have exceeded this amount as you are a buy/hold investor, but I am not competing with you or hanera or with any one. This is not a race, but personal value addition

It is absolute value and I am satisfied with that amount.:rofl:

1 Like

Curse of @Jil

1 Like

FED few days before downgraded 2019 economic growth from 2.2% to 2%. Stocks raising is a TRAP

Feel like profit-taking, no sign of panic selling or margin calls. May be Monday?

1 Like