Santa Clara Rocking The Overbids!

Santa Clara is Sunnyvale 2.0.

Now which town is Sunnyvale 3.0? My candidates are Milpitas and Berryessa/North SJ.

2 Likes

I agree. Both are getting BART.

1 Like

Between Berryessa and Milpitas I like Milpitas much more. It doesn’t have rent control and likely won’t have for the foreseeable future. Population is over 60% Asian. Top employers are almost all high tech firms. @myo, the future RE billionaire, is smart to buy there. :smile:

# Employer # of Employees
1 Cisco Systems 3,816
2 KLA Tencor 1,922
3 Sandisk 1,876
4 Flex 1,400
5 Linear Technology 1,200
6 Milpitas Unified School District 900
7 FireEye, Inc. 778
8 Headway Technologies 600
9 Kaiser Permanente 375
10 Wal-Mart 350
4 Likes

Milpitas is changing very fast like the way Santa Clara Rocking now. The bart station is built now, lot of 3 story condos/apartment homes are being built.

Larger lot, single story SFH are going to be rare commodity. Simple truth is grab whatever we can, each one of us, before it become rare commodity !

1 Like

Not sure I was smart to buy in Milpitas where my other choice was Santa Clara. Looking back, I should have bought 800K Santa Clara vs 700K Milpitas. I went with Milpitas due to better rent ratio (rent numbers are the same for either house).

2 Likes

I like Santa Clara, mainly larger lots, than Milpitas.

Dang, even I knew about Milpitas years ago when Big Bro settled down there with his first place out of Cal. 190K for a brand new 4 bd home in a cul du sac. Waited in line overnight for a few nights if I recall. He bought another a few years back when one of his peers was divesting. Big Bro is usually right, so where is he looking but of all places the Fab 7x7!!! Yeah, you know good sheet when you see it!!!

OMG… FOMO FOMO FOMO!!! Big time FOMO!!!

Buy buy buy!!! :rofl:

Few days before, I just snapped Milpitas new station.

2 Likes

More overbids!

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Santa-Clara/3499-Santa-Barbara-Ave-95051/home/677264

Nice flip!

Let’s do a deeper dive on this one. So, this was the shape it was in previously when bought for 1.225M. So, experts, how much was the remodel work and thus net gain?

You need to go in person, look at each issue, estimate it so that you get clear idea !

1 Like

Me thinks the experts here can compare the pictures fairly easily to get a ballpark figure. Just curious really since bought at 1.225 and sold at 1.72 (so 495K gross). Granted, it was bought only what 5-6 months ago…

My ballpark is $100k.

Held for 3 months so a very quick flip. If they spent $100k on remodel they still made it like a bandit (~400k).
Wow!

1 Like

This was what widespread in 2006-2008, just buy a property, hold for few months, sell it at 25% profit. When this happened, entire market went down and we have 2008 downturn.

1 Like

Lot meh, sft meh, condition meh, schools meh meh…price is wow. 1.33?

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Santa-Clara/1856-Cabrillo-Ave-95050/home/683303

Would you prefer a fixer instead?

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Santa-Clara/2142-Francis-Ave-95051/home/1491482

this is much better house. Not a flat top, bigger, and 1 bath extra.