Seattle home price growth is nearly double any other U.S. city

People in Seattle seem to randomly price homes. $/sq ft is almost completely random. I’d tour a house then literally around the corner was a slightly larger home, much better lot, newer finishes, and it was $50-100k less. The lower priced one would go pending immediately while the higher priced one would sit.

I wouldn’t say it spells doom since “even with the recent rise, inventory is just over half its long-term average.”

“Home prices across the county still rose 9.2 percent from a year ago in June, but that was the smallest growth in a year and a half.”

Oh, and look at the condo price increases for parts of King County. 21%, 35%, and 42% gain in 1 year!

I do expect Seattle to slowdown a bit with Amazon hiring less in Seattle and HQ2 coming. There’s still a lot of tech and healthcare stuff that’s booming though.

1 Like

I think that geo rotation is at work. Pretty soon, the best housing market will become Phoenix, Las Vegas, Salt Lake City etc.

I have never been to Salt Lake City. But it is a city that did not experience any housing bust in 2008-2012. Is it a good place to park your money when you cash out California in case Costa Hawkins is repealed by those commies in November election?

Leadership rotation is natural.

The places you mentioned are simply too hot. See my posts about extreme heat…

1 Like

Utah is not hot, it’s a little cold actually

Sure, but Phoenix and Vegas? Remember, I know of someone who lost a family member due to heat exhaustion in Sin City. Not good, young and otherwise healthy…

But I guess more people die from drugs in Sf streets than the people died from heat elsewhere.

Seems that more Californians move to Phoenix and Las Vegas. I don’t know anyone who moved to Utah.

Uh, no I think you are wrong again. From this article, deaths from extreme heat causes more deaths in US cities than all other disasters combined. I don’t think the drug problem in SF is nearly as bad…

My sister lives in Utah… Been going there for 35 years…Way more to offer than Vegas…Similar size too…Worldclass skiing, hiking mtn biking… Fairly mild in winter, perfect summer fall and spring…Tons of national parks close by.
Salt Lake has become cosmopolitan…Great restaurants shopping…Vegas only offers gambling and phoney shortened shows…The best thing about Vegas is there are lots of flights out of there…

1 Like

Is the whole state dry? Can you buy beer in Utah?

What? Even your fav pastime? (hint: visualize a smokey, dark, place with scantily clad women polishing some brass poles with every piece of their bodies)

Oops, sorry ladies… it’s Friday!!!

Yes Utah has strip clubs and full liquor bars… Things have changed in the last 35 years…

1 Like

But way more than Sin City??? Come on!!!

How many strip clubs do you need?..San Antonio has better ones than Vegas…

Good question, need to ponder that one for awhile…

In the meantime, granted this is a dated poll (not pole!) but Utah is not even close…

On the subject, I believe I posted awhile ago that Portland actually is considered the strip club capital of the US(?) or world… let me find that article again (way better than finding @bagb’s appreciation rates between SF and Austin…)

http://travel.cnn.com/explorations/life/americas-most-sinful-cities-021551/

My favorite is Honolulu…But these kinds of studies need to be updated on a weekly basis…:sunglasses:

The nearest here are in Reno…Carson has brothels but no strip clubs…bizzarre

I am sure you have been to our world famous Mitchell Bros, right? I used to work with a guy back East who traveled a lot and he was single (so no harm no foul) so he would always go to strip clubs on business trips. It was his thing/hobby and he enjoyed the company of beautiful ladies and he had money. He went everywhere. He honestly said to me, Mitchell Bros, by far was the best. Yes, that was more than a few years ago and I am pretty sure Mitchell Bros’ reputation has slightly toned down but it was a wild place. I mean, what kind of legal strip club now has trays of condoms at the front for you?

Never went there

Then, how do you know that you have been to the best of the best?

Obviously only personal observations. Polls are just internet drivel. Without personal inspection meaningless.

Btw, only 5 hr drive to Vegas

Utah has too many great attractions to talk about. For the outdoor enthusiast this is the place you want to be. We have the Greatest Snow on Earth. Numerous state and national parks. Hiking, biking, skiing, climbing, golfing, indoor and outdoor sports, an NBA basketball team, Triple A Baseball team, PAC 12 university, and so much more!

How is the economic development? Are Mormons interested in money and working hard? Do women work?