SF HOA Property Management Company recommendations?

Hi. My building’s condo management company is leaving (illness, long hospital stay and recovery, I understand). We are very sorry for a number of reasons to see a good and capable person retire, not least because we are so far unable to find a good company to take on the responsibility for managing a small (under 15-unit) building with mixed owner and renter occupancy. Does anyone know of such a unicorn company? Thank you in advance.

It seems to be a problem everywhere. Nobody wants to work in property management… thankless low paying job.

15 unit? PM can’t earn much. Need 50-100 doors.

I been doing property management forever. My rental condo in Tahoe has a management company out of Incline. They are doing a terrible job. No communication can’t find vendors. Don’t do billing don’t pay the venders. Trying to get the HOA to fire them. Their fee is $60k per year… I could do the job… don’t need the hassle or the job. 33 units of vacation units. Most owners never here or are landlords like me.

These people were recommended by a fellow landlord

Hi Zaphod! I work as Property Manager, could you contact me for private?

Thanks

Thank you all for the input. If the problem is endemic to small hoas, I feel a little less like a leper.

Thank you! I’m going to contact them immediately

Well, we lost a property manager for our condo building, and need to find another one! (He seemed a very nice young man, but perhaps a little overextended.) Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. All the Best.

You could reach out to other small condo buildings in your area and ask for recommendations on property management companies they have had positive experiences with. This can be a great way to get referrals from other building owners who have been in a similar situation.