SF no longer teaching algebra in middle schools

Maybe no algebra at school is good for your kids. When they graduate, none of their classmates would be able to compete and Harvard may still want to admit one student from the class.

It might be a good idea to go to school in Palo Alto and then transfer to Bayview for high school. That way your kid would become a genius at the worst high school and Harvard will want them so badly. Only thing is to change your kid’s race to the correct one, can your kid fake as Filipino or mixed?

After 3 decades, they will make changes again to force all races to take algebra at 6th grade to equal opportunities.

Asians are not important. They don’t vote.
—A Famous Democratic Politician

They don’t even know how to scream. But Asians are the model minority and have a wide range of political views, extensively divided thus transparent to politicians.

No, Asians are increasingly Democratic.

Asians don’t need to vote. Our numbers will always be small anyway. We need to be like Jews: rich and control levers of power in corporations. Buying influence is way easier than actual voting.

A highly divided Asian, still poor, is transparent and seems to be nonexistent.

Asians are the largest minority group in SF, still powerless. Income is modest.

I need to move to Millbrae, where it’s still legal to teach algebra.

You don’t want to raise a robotic kid, do you? Let them thrive in SF and be a real human :joy:

I heard that algebra has changed some Sunset residents to conservatives :rofl:

Seems that one Bayview resident is reckoning :joy:

1 Like

Whom might you be referring to?

It’s speculative, but some people say that Manch is living in Bayview. From his posts, he’s not in Sunset. It seems that it is highly probable that he is indeed on bayview

He does not live in Sunset and doesn’t own any Tsla nor Aapl… :rofl:

Btw, how many kids went to Ivy League from your high school class? Does Harvard need to admit at least one from your school?

As far as I know, none of them made it there. I was the valedictorian and I made it to UC Berkeley on a full scholarship.

Then there’s no advantage in going to high school in SF.

If you’re smart, you can do well in life without even attending high school.

1 Like

Can’t be a good high school or you’re not in a good class.

All of my high school classmates went to college! Many have PhDs and are professors.

Are you smart? You even went to college and graduate school

Does Singapore have affirmative action?

You can be smart even if you went to college. These things are not mutually exclusive… :rofl:

2 Likes

Over education can turn a smart person to dummies. Especially when he is vulnerable to brain washing

1 Like

Most pacific islanders trace their roots back to the “mountain people” of Taiwan. They were there for centuries before the Chinese came over. I don’t know why they would single out Filipinos though, because their ancestry is not much different than most other pacific islanders.

1 Like