Silicon is the New Oil

This cause AAPL to drop nearly to a bear market (> 20% decline from ATH)

1 Like

Qualcomm Aims to Surpass Apple’s M2 With Nuvia Chips

Apple has shown that the kind of chips that serve as the brains of its iPhones are also powerful enough to handle the company’s Mac lineup, and it’s stepped things up with the Worldwide Developers Conferencedebut of its second-generation M2 chip, which powers the newly redesigned MacBook Air.

Apple chip is now the leading edge?

Loghania buys into Beth’s Koolaid. Apple A and M series can be used for those mentioned categories.

Apple only makes chips for their own devices though. Who’s chips will go in all the competitor devices?

My point is, that possibility limits the price hence profits of NVDA. Market cap of NVDA can’t become too large. From another perspective, if NVDA charges too high, companies make their own chips or Apple could enter the chip market.

Having said that I have been selling other stocks to scale into NVDA now that NVDA is trading at reasonable price :smiling_face: While I am bullish in TSLA and NVDA, I don’t get the rationale of Uber bulls.

1 Like

Just back of envelop calculation:

• Apple makes 250M iPhones per year. Assume $700 per unit average selling price. That is $175B in revenue from iPhone.
  • Annual unit sale of automobile is around 70M. Let’s use 100M to include other vehicle types. Not 100% will have autonomous driving; but let’s assume they do. And just assuming AI chip is $100 per unit. This is $10B market.

The scale is completely different. I guess they can argue that iPhone is existing market/business, whereas AI autonomous driving is new market. But Apple also has other new markets too, such as VR/AR and Apple Car.

1 Like

1 Like

Chip Boom Loses Steam on Slowing PC Sales, Crypto Rout

Intel and Nvidia are among the semiconductor makers warning of rockier times ahead after two years of surging demand

Nvidia(NVDA)業務分析︳GPU市場的發展前景︳雲計算、智能駕駛、元宇宙領域的發展潛力︳ - YouTube in Cantonese.

Pillars of NVDA

• Video Games
  • Data Centers
  • EV/ AV (future)
  • Omniverse (future)
1 Like

@manch

Agree? Should AAPL acquire INTC?

A NVDA bull.

Every stock bull thinks his/her/its highest conviction stock has tons of optionality and is the best run company.

I expect this to be the new trend going forward.

Chip shortage in USA solved. One stone two birds.

2 Likes