Silicon Valley tech bubble is larger than it was in 2000, and the end is coming

Silicon Valley tech bubble is larger than it was in 2000, and the end is coming

Those columnist or faculties write such stories when market start dipping little bit creating a sensational story.

The author has not seen/faced year 2000 downturn ! The current state is no way near to year 2000.

The whole premise is fewer unicorns are being created. A bubble would see an increase in unicorns. Fewer means the bubble may have already popped.

I wonder what their valuation methodology is that says unicorns are 50% overvalued. Do you trust the National Bureau of Economic Research evaluation model or the VC evaluation model?

The different share class argument is BS. Look at the difference in Google shares. SNAP’s decline isn’t about shareholder rights. It’s about mediocre user growth and lack of ad revenue.

2 Likes

Yes, bogus article.

Tech companies have loads of cash this time. Totally bogus news.

3 Likes

In any case, the unicorn doesn’t affect the stock market nor the housing situation. FAANG does.

5 Likes

I don’t know . but this year’s raise is pretty damn good

You work for an unicorn?

Apple earning next week. :+1: or :-1: ?

:+1: :+1: :+1:

This is usually the slowest quarter.

No, but one of the public company, if someone mentioned it, everyone knows

Perhaps, you didn’t follow Apple long enough. Now that I mentioned it, everybody knows :slight_smile:

Apple earnings: Most boring quarter of the year still holds some intrigue

The June quarter tends to be Apple’s smallest in terms of revenue and iPhone sales.

I realize journalists like to repeat what I said, bwahaha. The last time was about silly Credit Suisse forecast about NFLX :slight_smile:

Are you drunk Yoda? He simply responded to your question on whether he works at a unicorn or not.

I think like elt1 he doesn’t know how to use quote :slight_smile:

@hanera what’s your stock vs cash split

Sharing is daring :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: less than 5%. For mad money specifically, about 1/3 cash.

What’s your mad money as a percent of total?

Asking to gauge your sentiment. you seem to be erring on the side of caution these days.

I am always cautious. Mad is less than 1% :grinning: