Software Engineer salaries in 2018, tech levels, and lifestyle

3x?? I’ll believe are you buy back in :slight_smile: We need your cheerleading, manch!

3 Likes

Cheerleading? I would thank god if he can at least reduce the fearmongering.

1 Like

Manch has contacted some disease recently, started trolling and making fake news :angry:
All stocks need to face the 200-day SMA dreaded resistance to have any chance of making new ATH. Could just be a counter-trend before a new low. Exercise caution. Fundamentally why should stocks make new high if the global economy is slowing, many US companies have large foreign revenue hence would be adversely affected.

450k is initial grant - the annual refreshes are typically much lower (~50%is no?). This does seem like close to an E6 offer in all dimensions, at approx 500k TC.

2 Likes

Take your words for granted :grinning:

How is the work? Are they working around the clock to deliver?

No idea, I’m not there (yet :wink: )

Among the samples I know who are there, yeah they work hard. But they were also the over achievers among my peers.

E5 are getting E6 comps. Bullish for BA RE.

2 Likes

Depends on how well you play politics, can get much more or none at all.

Now would a great time to join FB, to lock in the low stock price.

Stop evading, how many FB do you have?

1 Like

Same as that guy’s RSU grant maybe. So 450k? :rofl:

Zero FB. Told you guys I want to see more strength in the stock before getting back in. Long term still bullish. Short term my money may have better gains elsewhere.

Where?

He says he is a semi guy. XLNX nvda mu amd. All up big today.
I don’t have XLNX and amd. Got 100 nvda and 20 mu calls.

1 Like

Typical refresh for L5 at FB is ~120K/yr. They have higher multipliers than google for higher ratings, but they also are quicker to fire. Lots of people complain about WLB at FB now. So the steady-state pay for L5 is probably ~200k base + 30k bonus + 120k stock. Assuming single income and filing married jointly, I think this person should pay around $65k in federal tax + $8.2 FICA + $6k medicare + $24K state. If we reduce FB stock a bit to be safe, this household should have >150k/yr after taxes. I think 1.5m is very doable, but 2m would be too much assuming 20% down. At 1.5m and 20% down, 1.2m would be ~6k/month on the mortgage and 1.5k/month property tax which totals 90k/year (although the tax liabilities would go down with the mortgage interest deduction).

4 Likes

Snapchat :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

350k gross income should have 180k after tax income. They can afford to buy a 2M house.

If FB have 30% people at L5+, there should be 3k such people in BA. Assuming half of them already own a home, there would be only 1500 potential buyers.

Annual refresh, eligible on the first performance cycle, is approximately 1/4 of your initial grant for meet all performance. FB doesn’t cheap out on refresher but grant can be much higher if you perform - your bonus and annual refresh is tied to your performance rating.

Exactly!! ^^

2 Likes