Stitch Fix Tanked. Anyone Buying?

Dropped 35% today. 52W high was 52.44 two weeks ago.

Tech stocks tumble!

2018 is difficult… :cry:

AAPL :grinning: would be good.

Avoid Losing Your Shirt in Stitch Fix Stock

However, that does not address SFIX’s Achilles’ heel — the lack of a moat. All it takes is a company offering this service for free to sink Stitch Fix stock. Such a move could easily happen.

Moreover, with its approximate $4 billion size, it’s unlikely to out-innovate the mega-cap companies that hold a capability to enter this space. Unfortunately for holders of SFIX stock, this equity will more than likely find itself on the clearance rack. Even then, it will likely remain overpriced.

I like lululemon more. Every stylish woman seems to wear it.

And man? Their jackets are nice!

Are you one of the 3 men who wear lulu? :thinking:

Seriously though do you get teased for wearing lulu as a man?

1 Like

I don’t get why they don’t have a different brand and stores for men’s clothing. It wouldn’t be that difficult to do. You get some synergies using the same store, but I’m sure women would prefer buying that stuff without men having an excuse to be around creeping on them. If the stores were in the same area, then you’d still enjoy the supply chain and logistics benefits to keep costs lower.

1 Like

Nah, I’ve seen plenty in my day-to-day. Nobody can deny quality fabric.

Maybe like @marcus335 suggested I now have a “reason” to go inside a lulu store. :thinking:

1 Like

manch,

Nowadays, many male are feminized. Pay attention, many menswear are also feminized. For a man like you, not suitable to wear lulu (a female name) lemon (what?).

If by “feminized” you mean men shave more these days I am all for it.

Behave, talk, dress, … identical habits :slight_smile: Pretty boys.

That’s a good trend if you think about it.

Men are less like cave men and more like civilized human beings. Probably fewer wars too if men are more “feminized”.

History show is a foolish thing to do.
Chinese became very civilized and emphasized on liberal arts/ grace/ manners.
What happened?
China became poor.
China became sick man of the East!
China is accused of stealing IP!
F… the civilized way, be more aggressive, be more boorish, be more bossy, be a bully, …
I prefer the Cao Cao way. Be a wolf, not a lamb.

There will always be people that do evil, and you need someone to deal with them.

Be like this guy?

24%20PM

I think what @hanera referred to as “feminized” men is another branch off the global metoo movement. There is a movement to redefine gender roles, to seek a new power balance in the patriarchy. Steve Bannon sounded the alarm for the Republicans back in January but nobody seemed to care:

Bloomberg: In Exile, Bannon Sounds the #MeToo Alarm

“The anti-patriarchy movement is going to undo 10,000 years of recorded history,” Bannon said. “You watch. The time has come. Women are gonna take charge of society. And they couldn’t juxtapose a better villain than Trump. He is the patriarch. This [the Golden Globe Awards] is a definitional moment in the culture. It’ll never be the same going forward.”

We are seeing the big resistance in the Supreme Court fight now totally unlike what happened 30 years ago with Clarence Thomas. Back then the GOP could just steamrolled ahead. Not today.

2018 is the first election after the metoo movement. Will be very interesting to see the result.

Definitely no. There might be short term gain. Their customer service is bad.

I tried their service and did everything they asked prior to my ‘shopper’ picking my clothes. I even created a Pinterest account and spent hours pinning looks I like. I specified that I’m an old woman who wanted a few outfits.

I received nothing that went together and the clothes were more suitable for a teenager. They tried again and it was worse. I canceled. I was offered a special stylist. I replied how do I know that the person wasn’t my current shopper.

Never heard from them again.

3 Likes